• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Grounding Harness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard from the guy I sold my FJR to (with Brodie's Harness installed) that he took his into his local Yamaha Dealer for the S4 recall. They looked at the bike and looked at the installed BH, told him that his bike needed nothing with their harness & that the one installed was as good as what they had to install. (keep in mind this is third hand information, but it is what I was told by him in person.)

Heard from the guy I sold my FJR to (with Brodie's Harness installed) that he took his into his local Yamaha Dealer for the S4 recall. They looked at the bike and looked at the installed BH, told him that his bike needed nothing with their harness & that the one installed was as good as what they had to install. (keep in mind this is third hand information, but it is what I was told by him in person.)
I think that's pretty obvious... no doubts from me!!

Boy, it would be great to get confirmation on this. Do you know the name of the dealer?... and the service manager there?

I think that's pretty obvious... no doubts from me!!
Concur. There is zero chance I will get the recall done. The BH is all I need.

Boy, it would be great to get confirmation on this. Do you know the name of the dealer?... and the service manager there?
I've pointed him in this direction, but no idea if he is signing up or not.

Hi Brodie,

I'd like to get a spyder harness too. Please get me the price to ship it to 98020 and tell me what I have to do, to make it happen. I find it easier to send USPS money orders than to use pay pal, but I'll use pay pal if I have to. Is the USPS money order OK with you?

Thanks,

Paul

Brodie, I hope you sent a nice xmas card to Yamama for all these sales they've generated for you!

:yahoo:

Gentlemen, Ladies

As of 1 January 2012 I have decided to get out of the Grounding Harness business. Yamaha has a current recall for this problem that will protect that nasty S4 spider, although the S6 and S7, which have also given us grief, remains unprotected. If your bike is a victim of the dreaded spider bite, take it directly to your Yamaha dealer and take advantage of the recall - it will cost you nothing.

If after you have the recall performed to your bike and you desire to go beyond Yamaha's solution, there is someone who can help you out. My friend and FJRForum member Art Cooper (aka "road runner") has an excellent series of harnesses that will essentially do the same thing that my Grounding Harness did. His fix is to add a line from the various pigtail connectors of the high amp devices to an engine bolt. The net effect is to bleed off some of the current traveling across these "spider" connections and redirect it to the frame which is bonded to the battery with the ground strap. I have no problem recommending his solution going forward, he does excellent work.

Check it out...

Ground Spider overload harnesses takes the high load away from spiders

I'm sure Art will be happy to take care of your needs.

As for my friends who purchased my Grounding Harness throughout the past 2 years, thank you very much, Please do me a favor and support your favorite tire manufactures and get out and ride.
yahoo.gif

smile.gif

Brodie

Status
Not open for further replies.