Hanford in the Central Valley?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Khunajawdge

Toto El Mundo!
Reaction score
Another one of Cen Cal John D's local rides. But, anyone within range is welcome! Maybe we'll see some of youze there? It goes like this;

BATOR INTERNATIONAL, INC. PRESENTS

The 40th ANNUAL HANFORD VINTAGE

MOTORCYCLE SHOW & SWAP MEET

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Bator International is pleased to sponsor the 40th Annual Hanford Motorcycle Show and Swap Meet, located at the Kings Fairground, 801 S. 10th Avenue, Hanford, CA 93232. This is one of California's premier vintage motorcycle events. It takes all of us working together to keep these events happening. Please come out and show your support. Enjoy a stroll back in time, as you view some of the world's oldest and most fascinating machines.

Motorcycle Show: The show gate opens to entrants promptly at 6:30 AM Saturday. Pre-registration is encouraged, but not required. Entry fee is $20.00 per bike and includes one general admission and an event pin. All entries must be in place by 8:30 AM. Judging begins at 9:00 AM sharp. Classes: Antique 1900-1929; Vintage American 1930-1955; Classic American 1956-1988; Vintage British & European 1930-1955; ; Classic British and European 1956-1988; Classic Japanese to 1988; On & Off-Road Competition to 1988; Custom Vintage & Bobbers to 1988; All Original to 1988; Powered Bikes & Scooters to 1988. Awards: 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place trophys & Honorable Mention ribbons in each class plus People's Choice, Sponsor's Choice, Best Indian and Best of Show awards. Presentation will be at 2:00 PM. As folks are paying to see your bikes on display, we would greatly appreciate it if all participants would kindly not remove their bikes from the show area until after the awards are announced. Participants must be present to receive their trophys. (Note: Classes may changed depending on participation). Œ

Swap Meet: Space sizes are 15’ X 20’. Pre-registered space fees are $65; non-registered are $85 at the gate. Pre-registration is encouraged. The deadline is May 10th, 2008. Forms received after this date will be charged the additional $20. per space. Non-registered vendors will be assigned spaces on a first come-first serve basis. Pre-registered vendors will be parked first! Check-in is Friday, May 16th, 12:00 noon to 10:00 PM, and Saturday, May 17th, 6:00 to 7:30 AM. All access gates will be locked and secured on Friday promptly at 10:00 p.m. and will not open again until 6:00 a.m. Saturday morning. Event hours are Saturday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Vendors agree to stay until 4:00 PM. Space fees include 2 worker passes per space. Additional worker passes are $20 at check-in (good for Friday & Saturday) with a limit of three total passes per space. Vendor gate will not hold passes for late arriving workers! Friday night camping in your vending space is permitted at no extra charge. RV hookups are $20/night and you must sign in and pay at the vendor gate. Pets must be on a leash at all times. No aggressive pets or open fires please. There will be overnight security guards, but vendors are responsible to safeguard their own property and clean up and remove their own trash. The swap meet is limited to vintage motorcycle , bicycle and engine related items only. No objectionable materials please. All commercial vendors must have a resale permit to sell. Please have your permit with you on site. ~ All Fees Non-Refundable ~ Œ

Motorcycle Sales Corral: An exclusive area has been designated for the sale of running/complete motorcycles. Corral fee is $25 per bike and includes one general admission and a "For Sale" sign with a clip and zip tie. You are welcome to use your own "For Sale" sign if you prefer. Please register at the Show Bike Tent just inside the main gates on Saturday from 6:30 - 8:30 a.m. & have your motorcycles placed by 8:30 a.m. Pre-registration is suggested, but not required. Œ

AGAIN THIS YEAR, WE ARE WELCOMING VINTAGE BICYCLES AND HIT & MISS ENGINES TO JOIN OUR EVENT.

GENERAL ADMISSION: Event hours are Saturday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. General Admission begins at 8:00 AM and is $10 per person. Children under 12 are free and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. All pets must be on a leash at all times. Early bird admission on Saturday from 6:30 - 7:30 AM is $20.00 per person. No early bird admission before 6:30 AM--NO EXCEPTIONS!!!Absolutely no general admissions on Friday!!!

Weather report says It's going to be HOT in the Central Valley!! Like = 102 F in the shade at the peak of the day! So, it's a good time to try out your blister gear? Definitely include a hydration system. Maybe I'll see you, maybe Not? Sorry I can't be more specific until Saturday morning.

cheers, :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too. :( I've missed a bunch of these shows the last couple of years. Maybe the timing gods may someday shine on me.
Yeah well, there won't be another one in Cen Cal!

"Bator International has withdrawn from sponsoring these events, and so we bid adieu to Hanford as we have a few years past to the Concours 'd Elegance at Del Mar, near San Diego. The swap meet was modest compared to past years as a handful of vendors and traders showed up"

...and it was Mighty HOT (over 100) in the Central Valley!

I feel ashamed :dribble: :dribble: I didn't make it myself!