Helmet Communication's Fitment

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thug

A shy retiring flower in a Thug's exterior
Reaction score
Hi Gang

A while ago I can across someone who had a great site to download information (with pickies) for the different types of helmets one could fit communications gear to. I have a Shoei RF1000 (Diabolic) and want to install some ears and a mic. If anyone can help before I inadvertantly destroy my helmet I would be most greatful. :D

Cheers

Hey Thug, I bought a chatterbox FRSX2 a couple of months ago. I also have a Shoei RF1000. It was a simple installation to mount the speakers and the mic into the helmet. I don't know what equipment your trying to mount into your helmet. With my setup it came with velcro units that stick to your helmet and the back of the speakers. Same with the mic. The earpads on the Shoei will pop off but I didn't have to take them off to run the speaker wires. One of the speaker wires will go around the back of the helmet. It is easy to stuff the wire between the hardshell and the padding. My kit came with a popsicle stick that I used to push the wire between the hard shell and the padding.

My wife has an RF900 that is a little harder. Plus it doesn't have recesses (sic) for the speakers .

With my set up the speakers are irritating when putting on or taking off the helmet. I don't wear earplugs when I ride but if I did I'm not sure if my setup would work.

Good Luck

Thug, I've got a Shoei X-11 and the speaker and mic fitment for my Starcom system was a piece of cake. The speakers are very thin and fit right into the ear pocket. I don't think a little foam removal in the ear area is going to compromise the integrity of the helmet. Just be careful, neat, and don't take out too much. Good luck.

Mike