HID Bi-Xenon Question

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flagstaff

Reaction score
Yes, I've searched. Yes, I'm completely aware that there are varied opinions on these kits, but I'm only interested in one thing.

I had an HID bi-xenon conversion kit on my 1996 R1100RT. This bike had a notoriously weak stock headlight. The kit I had on that bike had a shortcoming. Both high and low beams were fantastic when properly aimed. The problem was that when the low beam was perfectly aimed, the servo would aim the high beam too high, so high that it was pretty much useless. Conversely, when the high beam aim was optimal the low beam was way too low. The improvement over stock was so good that I left the kit in place and only used the low beam. I had auxiliary driving lights that functioned as my high beams.

My question is simply this. Has anyone installed a bi-xenon kit that provides an optimal aim on both high and low beams?

If yes, what was the model of the kit, and how long ago did you purchase it?

Thanks

Has anyone installed a bi-xenon kit that provides an optimal aim on both high and low beams?
If yes, what was the model of the kit, and how long ago did you purchase it?
Aim? Pretty much optimal. It was one of the kits offered many, Many times on the forum.

However, the FAR more important questions was light down the road in high beam mode? Definitely not optimal.

Don't shoot me for this, copy and paste this: xenon shutter site:fjrforum.com into Google's search bar. Read about the various things that people have done to rework the bi-xenon setup because none of the brands did everything people wanted. So, in part here is your answer, no brand did everything well.

"xenon shutter" ??
uhoh.gif

I would never have come up with that search title.