Hitch manufacturers???

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arthole

Reaction score
I have a 2005 fjr1300, looking for a hitch that allows the side bags to still be used.
Trailer is 2 wheel, not a mono (long story, mono won’t work for purpose)

I’d prefer a swing arm unit but I’ll take what I can get, I guess. I know 3rd Wheel Trailer makes one, but I’d like to not have to spend $1000 to put a hitch on. I know some of you have hitches, thanks in advance for your input!!!

Swing arm hitch only works for single wheel, unless there is some magic I am unaware of
3rd wheel hitch is a good example of a single wheel trailer hitch. That is what is on my bike. Fwiw, prices must have gone up. I didn't pay anything near $1000

I’ve seen swing arm with the pin and swivel hitch on a 2 wheel trailer, but again, I’ll have to take what is out there.

And yes I’ve searched the forums, lots of post that either a) don’t specify a manufacturer, b) manufacturer is no longer in business, or c) home built which while awesome, is not in the cards for me at the moment. I looked at a universal one that supposedly fits, but it interferes with the sidebags.

I won’t lie, I was a bit surprised there isn’t all that much out there….. I really expected more options.

Bushtec made mine but I just checked their site and didn't see on for the FJR listed.

I too have a bushtec on my gen 3. Also the had one on my 05. They are different because of the panniers mounting. Most hitches I've seen mount to the rear suffrage at the rear peg brackets and near the taillights. Iggy is right, a search should bring up other options