Honda VFR Rumour

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ronjrieth

Reaction score
Stopped at my local Honda dealer today to pick up some "stuff" and got into the usual bike BS session. The salesman told me ( and of course they never lie :) ) that the hot rumour in their shop is a new five cyclinder 1000 cc VFR Interceptor....about time!

I had an 04 and liked it a lot...but a VFR as rumored would be hard to pass up! Anybody heard anything about this?

Ron

Stopped at my local Honda dealer today to pick up some "stuff" and got into the usual bike BS session. The salesman told me ( and of course they never lie :) ) that the hot rumour in their shop is a new five cyclinder 1000 cc VFR Interceptor....about time!I had an 04 and liked it a lot...but a VFR as rumored would be hard to pass up! Anybody heard anything about this?

Ron
Only for the last three years, with the noise getting louder in July and August, before the new model announcements. Otherwise, it's big news. :rolleyes:

Hey, when Hell freezes over, I'll be the first at the door to buy one. As Mark said, been in the rumor mill for years. If they do produce that machine/motor combo, it will no longer be a VFR. You heard it here. Gimme back my '99 spec motor in a new frame and Tupperware. I'll buy two!

I heard all these years that they haven't released the VFR litre bike because of the engine "Tocking". They realized that the combination of a "Ticker" and a "Tocker" would be too tempting and they didn't want to help Yamaha sell FJRs.

I heard all these years that they haven't released the VFR litre bike because of the engine "Tocking". They realized that the combination of a "Ticker" and a "Tocker" would be too tempting and they didn't want to help Yamaha sell FJRs.
Funny.....

That would be awesome.

Love those Interceptors/ VFRs, only thing they need is a bigger mill.

The 5 cylinder would get the job done, except they'd probably price it at $20K.

I'd settle for a sweet V-4 with 1100 cc's.

On the subject of rumors, will there be a new Honda ST ?

Or a FJR 1400?

I'll take a VFR with a transversly mounted ST1300 engine juiced to produce 160hp orso, in a VFR chassis, inverted forks and radial brakes and weighing no more than 200kg.

A guy can dream right? But for Honda, this could be easily done without much development cost and they'd have a killer machine that would sell like warm buns in winter.

I'll take a VFR with a transversly mounted ST1300 engine juiced to produce 160hp orso, in a VFR chassis, inverted forks and radial brakes and weighing no more than 200kg.
A guy can dream right? But for Honda, this could be easily done without much development cost and they'd have a killer machine that would sell like warm buns in winter.

I have never ridden a VFR! I've always loved the looks of that bike and the ergonomics felt good when sitting on one on the showroom floor!

A bigger motor? Humm.....why not! Everybody else is doing it! :D

MJ