How Hot is your Stator cover?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DocDanDC

Reaction score
Just got done with a 220 mile ride and noticed that I could not hold my hand on the stator cover for more then a second without burning myself. The bike is running at 2bars and seems normal. Has anyone tried this? How hot is yours? :unsure:

Sure you're going to burn your hand. There's oil behind it and it's likely in the 200 to 220F range. The 2 bars of the temperature gauge is going to give your coolant temperature....a different fluid.

You want a show of heat sometime....ride hard at night in the middle-of-nowhere and stop on a moonless night and turn off the bike. Then take a look under the lower fairing and see the glowing headers. Now, that's HOT!

You want a show of heat sometime....ride hard at night in the middle-of-nowhere and stop on a moonless night and turn off the bike. Then take a look under the lower fairing and see the glowing headers. Now, that's HOT!
And just how hard DO you ride at night in the middle-of-nowhere, Iggy? :rolleyes: