How much for a 2014 FJR-A?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may be hurting business wise - which to me doesn't say jack up the price and rape, pillage and plunder every customer you can. As a business owner myself, that is not the way to do business, but there are some stupid business owners out there thinking - stand firm and don't give an inch, rather then be competitive and make a buck and more sales rather then zero sales at all.......

I have seen alot of cycle shops go under with that mentality.....

Sometimes you have to point that out to the salesman, which in turn can influence the sales manager or owner into a compromise....

I mean DUH - look, if you can't lower your price - I'll just go buy it somewhere else....

Hmm... Well I haven't bought a bike from them since 2008, but I inquired on certain bikes when I've been in there from time to time and they offered me some good prices. Maybe they are really proud of the new 14. Sometimes they will do that I suppose. They knocked $1,500 off MSRP when I bought my 2008 FJR from them new.

GP

Don't understand why I can't get a better deal. They will make money of my trade in, plus I told them they will make regular bucks when I require maintenance.

This is a new ownership group, so they may have the mentality now that Warpdrv suggests. Try the other dealerships. There are some that are closer to you than this one.

GP

Check out Sea horn Yamaha in Shawnee OK. I got a really good price on mine and they had several in stock last I checked.

Check out Sea horn Yamaha in Shawnee OK. I got a really good price on mine and they had several in stock last I checked.

That is a quality dealership. I got to spend a couple days working there this summer and Mark Seahorn is probably the best dealership owner I have ever met. One Hell of a guy.

Sounds like a good endorsement bob. Might be worth it to drive up there and see what they will do. I think I remember you saying in an earlier post that you were trading in a bike. In my experience neither car or motorcycle dealerships will give you a good deal on a trade in. You might try to sell yours first. That's what I usually do.

GP

With two weekends for me to look at that '14 FJR, I could not resist any longer, especially when the temperature yesterday hitting 70 degrees made such good riding conditions. I just had an image in my mind how that new red bike would really match well with my 2 red cars in my garage. Took me a few days to get that dealership to realize I was not going to pay that ridiculous price they first told me, so eventually we met with a price that may of been a hundred or so higher than it should of been. Sometimes I get a thought that my Gen 2 was good enough, like did I really need it? But when I look at it, and/or ride it, those thoughts instantly disappear!

So, you bought the 14 from Freedom Powersports? That's great. Hope you enjoy it. Now you're making me want one. Ha. Guess I'll stick with the old 08 for now. I do really like that red though.

GP

With two weekends for me to look at that '14 FJR, I could not resist any longer, especially when the temperature yesterday hitting 70 degrees made such good riding conditions. I just had an image in my mind how that new red bike would really match well with my 2 red cars in my garage. Took me a few days to get that dealership to realize I was not going to pay that ridiculous price they first told me, so eventually we met with a price that may of been a hundred or so higher than it should of been. Sometimes I get a thought that my Gen 2 was good enough, like did I really need it? But when I look at it, and/or ride it, those thoughts instantly disappear!
Excellent, congratulations! It sounds like you went through pretty much what I did back in November when I went shopping. I live in rural northern California and the closest dealer was 45 minutes away. I e-mailed 10 of the fifteen dealers within a 120 mile radius indicating that I was in the market for a new 2014 (I first started looking for an "ES" model but punted [happily] to an "A"). My first requirement was flexibility on MSRP.

I got varying responses, the bigger dealers indicated they would deal but suggested they would add it back with high destination and setup fees. I kept looking and found an excellent deal (to me) at the closest dealer in Lakeport. We agreed on $400 destination & setup together, $890.00 off MSRP + tax, license and doc fees. Some dealers whined that they had rock bottom $495.00 destination + $495.00 setup fees. Lakeport proved that to be wrong.

I picked it up on 11-15 and I could not be happier, best bike I've ever owned in 50+ years of riding.

Dan