How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
.... just curious. (apologize if this has been posted previously, searched but didn't find)Thanks,

Elsinore

KTM EXC 300

Kaw KDX 220
58....To get a quick idea of general ages, go to the National Owners and Regional Owners sites and look at the pics. You will dial in real fast. :>

37 and the wife has her own, so very rarely ride 2 up. I give the occasional rides here and there, but that's about it.
I have to say, it's great to see so many "biologically mature" riders out there, nice to know that in 40 years I can still be riding.
Only if you

1-Keep in shape

2-ATGATT

3-Get a "Deer Whistle"

4-Pay attention
I had always heard that "Deer Whistles" were more hype than substance. Is there some credible research to say otherwise?

Totally with you on all the other parts. I feel naked if I'm not riding with my jacket/helmet, etc.

37 and the wife has her own, so very rarely ride 2 up. I give the occasional rides here and there, but that's about it.
I have to say, it's great to see so many "biologically mature" riders out there, nice to know that in 40 years I can still be riding.
Only if you

1-Keep in shape

2-ATGATT

3-Get a "Deer Whistle"

4-Pay attention
I had always heard that "Deer Whistles" were more hype than substance. Is there some credible research to say otherwise?

Totally with you on all the other parts. I feel naked if I'm not riding with my jacket/helmet, etc.
Man, did you EVER just paint yourself with the "n00b" brush! It was a joke. :p

Only if you

1-Keep in shape

2-ATGATT

3-Get a "Deer Whistle"

4-Pay attention

Man, did you EVER just paint yourself with the "n00b" brush! It was a joke. :p
Heh, well I am still a FNG from my post count. Good to know my prior research is still valid.

Age 42 / wife rides probably 3% of the time. It would be less time if I hadn't purchased a Russell Daylong passenger seat.

:rolleyes:

OK Petey, I'll fess up. 75 next month, 100%solo. Petey and I are planning to ride out

to WFO-08 together in July. He rides like the wind, I just break wind when I ride.

:clapping: Out of approximately 148 responses to this question there is a total of 7,139 years of humanity for an average FJR riding age of [SIZE=24pt]48.5[/SIZE]

I'm 51, finally something I'm above average on...

I'm a few days away from 59; started riding when I was 15. The math is getting tough at this age--44 years of riding. Almost always solo.

OK Petey, I'll fess up. 75 next month, 100%solo. Petey and I are planning to ride outto WFO-08 together in July. He rides like the wind, I just break wind when I ride.
July...WFO08...but this is 09...is your age showing, or mine?

44 for a few more days, 95% solo except when the kids want to go for a ride, which is usually just a short half hour scoot around town.

50 - 99% solo

The other 1% is with my wife (but not since I stuffed the previous bike into a guard rail and totaled it), or my girlfriend, or there was that one time with someone else's girlfriend. I'm also working on the 23 year old hottie across the street and the double-D chick from work but haven't snagged them yet, so catch me at the next poll for an update.

Soon to be 48 and ride solo almost always.

Wife has ridden maybe three times with me.

OK Petey, I'll fess up. 75 next month, 100%solo. Petey and I are planning to ride outto WFO-08 together in July. He rides like the wind, I just break wind when I ride.
July...WFO08...but this is 09...is your age showing, or mine?

44 for a few more days, 95% solo except when the kids want to go for a ride, which is usually just a short half hour scoot around town.
It is WFO-8 not WFO 08.

OFFICIAL LAUNCH - WFO-8 WEB SITE!

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=114791