How Safe It Is ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TexasTigress

Reaction score
It's coming, it's coming. The 2006 Feejer Show and Tell, that is, at Alice's on the California coast.

I'd like to get out that way for both a look at the new model and a nice ride on mine.

But a friend told me that on the weekend, the roads look like Laguna Seca, with people racing around all over the place.

I'm not a racing-type rider, and wonder if there are a bunch of "on-the-edge riders who makes it dangerous for "regular folks" to show up and ride "not too much" over the limit ? :(

Inquiring minds need to know.

meow for now

Ride your pace, keep checking your six and wave the speedy dudes by when you feel it's safe to do so. Most folks will respect your space as long as you don't hold them up too much...

I was over there last year and it wasn't that bad. The Sherif Dept. has deputies on bikes and they almost always have a helicopter on weekends. They are really trying to stop the "Ricky Racer" types. Don't miss it because of someone else's fears. There are plenty of touring and cruiser bikes on the roads also. Many different styles and types, its really quite amazing, everything from sper-motards to sportbikes to dresser cruisers and 'Wingabagoes. Everyone gets along just fine.

Just do what TWN suggested, ride your own ride and flag the "racer-types" around. John Law will be waiting for them.

I try to get over to ride those roads once a month, and rarely experience a problem with scarey bikers. Rode with a group last Sunday and every slow cager pulled over to let us by. Super day. Great roads. Saw one CHP shooting radar beams, but had plenty of biker warnings ahead of time.

the Yamaha Show and Tell is October 1 from 9 am until high noon, at 17288 Skyline Blvd in Woodside.

It's gotten a full-page ad in the new issue of SF Weekly, with the sub-headline of "Be the first to find out how bad you need one."

Obviously that means "if you are ready to give the dealer a $500 deposit and wait for months and months...."

Last edited by a moderator:
But a friend told me that on the weekend, the roads look like Laguna Seca, with people racing around all over the place.One person's view may not be the reality -- like someone else said: maybe, judge for yourself.

I'm not a racing-type rider, and wonder if there are a bunch of "on-the-edge riders who makes it dangerous for "regular folks" to show up and ride "not too much" over the limit ? Contrary to popular belief -- motorcycling is not a *lowest-common-denominator* activity. Improve your skills and pick up the pace. Or, (maybe?) choose a less intimidating ride. There are brands of bikes out there (and riders of same) that actually hold-up traffic, jeez!

I hope these comments don't come across as too strong....? :erm: