How to Judge a Man by His Motorcycle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twigg

Just an old, bald man!
Reaction score
So we were having a little fun on Facebook, when someone told one of the girls that they knew plenty of single, male bikers.

I suggested she check out the bike first, and was then asked which brands needed to be avoided.

My reply, have fun with it.

Honda .... This guy likes reliability over most other things. Not very adventurous but he always gets where he is going

Ducati ... Mostly ridden by Italians, or folk who can't afford a Ferrari. They flatter to deceive, gorgeous looks being no substitute for actual progress down the road. These guys also make each trip twice, the second to to collect all the bits that fell off the first time

Suzuki ... Guys who understand what a real bike is, but can't afford one

Kawasaki ... Most Kawasaki riders end up institutionalized. The experience is awesome, but life isn't like that and ultimately they succumb to depressive illnesses.

Yamaha ... Balanced, mature but you have to be wary for the ones who feel they should own a BMW instead.

BMW .... BMW riders are like their bikes. They trade upon a glorious past, they are eternally optimistic about the future, but unfortunately we live in the present. These guys are the ones who exhibit hope over experience .... and they live close to a dealership.

Harley Davidson .... I never mock the afflicted. It's cruel

lmao ... there is already a grumpy response by a guy who said "I ride a BMW and you don't know me".

I rest my case.

Judging by his whiny message sent via pm obviously, perhaps you know him better than he thinks

😁

Just kidding, no one get upset please.

Judging by his whiny message sent via pm obviously, perhaps you know him better than he thinks

Just kidding, no one get upset please.
Nah, it wasn't anyone here, it was a reply on the FB post.

We ride Yamaha ... Mature, balanced .... nutcases :D

Ducati - he is attracted by shiny beautiful things and thinks he's courageous, but once the first major service test comes, he is apt to unload her for something less demanding.

KTM - he has a warped sense of beauty and swayed not by the initial looks but what is under the hood. Tends to hang on long after the scratches and dents have faded and the initial shine worn away.

Triumph - the attitude and pace is more important than what's under the hood. Playful and loyal, sometimes too a fault. Totally original... just like the rest of the pack.

MotoGuzzi - this is the guy who wears kilts, sandals with socks, and doesn't give a rats ass how he looks. Once an owner, he's in it for the long haul. Known for extensive body hair (not aways a compliment)

Last edited by a moderator:
I had to duck out of the FB thread. Now they are demanding that I categorize women by the motorcycle they ride, and I do not have a death wish :)

That one's easy. A chick on a sport bike is hawt. Chicks on Hondas are hawt. Chicks on Yamahas, Kawasakis, Suzukis, Ducatis, Triumphs, KTMs, and Huskies are hawt. Chicks on Harleys might be hawt, but are just as easily fooled as their boyfriends...OR partners, or whatever...

omg2.gif
Chicks on Harleys prefer large vibrators?

Twigg,

I fully appreciate the humor in this thread, but over many years of observation, I believe that what a guy rides is more an indicator of their personality than their file at the local shrink's office. Guess it isn't politically correct to "profile" people or even MC riders, but when it comes to bikes it's hard not to see common behavior not only when it comes to brand but to specific bikes within a brand.

Twigg,I fully appreciate the humor in this thread, but over many years of observation, I believe that what a guy rides is more an indicator of their personality than their file at the local shrink's office. Guess it isn't politically correct to "profile" people or even MC riders, but when it comes to bikes it's hard not to see common behavior not only when it comes to brand but to specific bikes within a brand.
Huh? I ride a Hondapotamas and a KTM 990 supermoto T. About as opposite as one can get.

Split personality ? To judge someone by what's between their legs..... Never Mind.

Yeah .... It was just meant to be fun, rather than an academic text on psychological profiles.

It's always more fun when folk get pissed and grumpy though :D

Not that that ever happens here, of course!

Bug...sometimes, you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't.

Doesn't matter what you feel though...we know you are a nut 100% of the time.

I almost sent this on to my son, who is a Harley rider. Then I thought better of it. His wife also rides and ..............

Richard

Lets see... Over the years I've owned, and enjoyed riding them all (except never a Harley) and I currently have three all time favorites in the garage. What does that mean? I must be a reliable (Honda VFR), mature BMW wannabe (Yamaha FJR) that can't afford a real bike (Suzuki Vstrom)?
wink.png

The problem that many people will have with your humorous categorizations stems from one trait that I have noted about most riders over the years: Nobody likes to have their choice in motorcycle ridiculed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts