I crashed 10/23 - I'm OK

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do cars in Cali actually move to one side of the lane and you comfortable drive along in between two cars?

The only time I even do what you may call lane splitting is when 2 cars are together and I go between to pass but that is rare and with extreme caution. Usually I try to have one car ahead of the other as opposed to side by side.

You guys must be fearless :D

Do cars in Cali actually move to one side of the lane and you comfortable drive along in between two cars?
The only time I even do what you may call lane splitting is when 2 cars are together and I go between to pass but that is rare and with extreme caution. Usually I try to have one car ahead of the other as opposed to side by side.

You guys must be fearless :D
As long as your respectful of cagers if they see you approaching in their mirrors, they'll move over. Some don't, though and they'll move to block you. For those that do give way, I'll always - and I mean always - wave a thanks. I really do feel more comfortable sharing lanes than sitting in traffic...

Tom: I'm in that "been there - done that" club of broken ribs. And it's no sneezin' matter.

Best of luck on your next "ride" whatever you decide.

I suspect that lane splitting is not allowed in TN but I don't know.
The only state of the United where it's legal is California.
Up here in Ontario it is not illegal to share a lane, provided you remain within the lane. Straddling the line is illegal. So for all practical purposes it restricts lane sharing to motorcycles and Minis.

Good to hear about your good fortune. Toasted bikes can be resurected and or replaced. Toasted carcuses take considerably more time to re construct.