I did it!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pacman

Reaction score
Today at around 3:30pm I plunked down $500 at the dealer. Heated grips and YES program. It's their first Blue 06 so I should be getting it fairly soon..

Can't wait 'till Spring !

Cheers,

Pacman

Congrats Pacman! No doubt you will love it -- the waiting is the hardest part (ordered my 05 last November and got it in April) -- but it is WORTH THE WAIT !! :D Sunny and 75 in Virginia Beach today and went for a quick 30 minute spin -- still can't get over the "Smile Factor" i get on this ride. Cheers! Jay

Jaybird - that is a penalty for taunting! Up here in the GWN there is snow and ice...

Pacman, you WILL be thrilled....

Congrats Pacman,

You will be one of the first to give us a first hand report on the bike.

:clap:

I'm with you, Pacman. Just sent my $500 to D&H in Alabama. Since I live in Oregon, I will take a nice vacation getting back to Oregon after I pick up my new FJR. :rolleyes:

What no AE model? I thought thats what everyone wanted! Actually I'm glad to see the real men step up and get a great bike instead of a scooter. Let us know when that baby comes in!

Fiveoon05

fiveOon05, could you elaborate on the AE model. i am interested in one, but didn't realize they were classified as a scooter. how does it work exactly? automatic? cvt? i surely don't want to give up my "man" status if i go from my '05 to a '06AE. thanks for any and all of your knowledgable input. :unsure:

Jaybird - that is a penalty for taunting! Up here in the GWN there is snow and ice...
Then I shouldn't mention how gorgeous it is here in Arizona...

Congrats on the NEW FJR!!! (well, soon, anyway)

Master******-

It is always so easy to get someone to bite...as you did! I appreciate your keen wit and sarcasm however there are already plenty of threads to beat this dead horse. I am sure most could tell I was complimenting the man for getting a great bike.... the FJR..... NOT an AE which by comparison is a push button shifted version of the bike. While it is not for me, as I prefer to crush the clutch as do many others on this board, it might be just the thing you need. Get real, dude.

fiveoon05

FiveOon05, i am quite "real".... i just never understand why assholes have to put other peoples things and or desicions down. why not just say it isn't for them instead of rag on it. if the AE turns out to be a real POS, i'll be the first to post it on here!

Last edited by a moderator:
For another opinion on the matter see Cycle Worlds article on Jamie James' R1. The one with the push button shifter. They couldn't say enough superlatives on the bikes performance, including the shift mechanism.

Glenn

Okay Master-

So let me clarify- since my opinion which was clearly stated differs from yours.... you call ME an Assh***! Since you obviously feel superior now I will once again say and (I will be clear just for you) that I prefer to use a clutch! I did not say the bike wasnt any good....how would we know? After you chill out a little why not take my advice and check the other threads and you will see there are plenty of opinions out there regarding this issue. But of course if they dont agee with you then they would be ass****s too !

Fiveoon05

Dueling Banjos, anyone? Which one of you wants to play the kid on the porch? Sheesh... <_<

fiveOon05, i can respect your opinion. just not the way you voice it. i too like clutch levers as much as the next guy. i think the new tech is cool though. that's why an AE is set to replace my '05. it has nothing to do with your opinion, just that you have to basically say i'm not a real man and my '06 is a scooter. i value the opinions given on this forum. it is a wealth of great info. i never specifically called you an ass@#!$... guess you must have felt like one though as you mentioned it. good day my friend and fellow rider. no hard feelings here. sorry if i misunderstood you. :)

Now girls.............. :nono: lets all play nice.

FiveOon05 - Sorry bub, but you were being an asshole. Tsk..tsk.

Mastercaster - Some fatherly advice from the oh wise one - me! (Ok, so that is stretching it a bit): Get a thicker skin. By now, with all these ridiculous AE threads that have gone before this one, you should not be biting at the bait of fishing trolls! I understand your angst, but don't let them get to you man.

Sermon over. :bleh:

Why is everyone in an uproar about the 06 a/e fjr. Stop and think

about it, who are they marketing the bike to? Riders such as us , who have ridden only a bike with a clutch for many years most likely would n0t buy one. I am spectulating it is for the new and up comming riders who do not like or have a hard time with cordination of a clutch and gear shifter. After all they have discontined the shifter on the steering column. How many young kids vould drive that this days? This is another point of view with a different twist .

:clap: :clap: :clap: weekend rider

maybe they are going for new riders. i have been riding motorcycles almost half of my 32 years on this earth. my first 5 all had clutches, but my '06AE won't!! my only uproar as stated before is just the way some have to totaly crap all over someone's new ride, ideas,or opinions. that's all. my view on the AE or '06 models in general is take it or leave it. if you don't like it don't buy it. just don't sh$t on the guy who does.

Could it be that Master and Five0one05 both got an "at bat"

and the both CLUCHED?" :drinks: