"I want you to enjoy your bike."

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mca,know that we are here for you. Our thoughts are with you and your family and I know that everyone wishes we could be there in person to support you.

My heart is heavy for you brother. Should you ever decide you just need to get out and ride, you always have a place in Northern California to hang your helmet for a night or two.

Gregory

Please know that you have my deepest sympathy. I wish there is something I could say that would ease what you're going through. I hope the support you receive from your family and friends helps you to get through this.

Mac - i can't imagine this. All i can think about is that I hope you find true peace soon.

And of a sudden, my "problems" seem ridiculously trivial.

Mcatrophy, I am more sorry for you than I can express. I userstand your feeling of helplessness. I wish there was something we could do or say to make it better. You're a very good man, taking great care of your beautiful wife!

From my timeline:

Breathing became more difficult during the early morning. She seemed very sensitive to being touched. Eyes shut. Still think she knew we were there, but we don't know how uncomfortable she might have been.

We were taking it in turns to sit with her, her sister until midnight, our daughter until 2:00, my turn was from 2:00 to 6:00.

While I was with her, her breathing became more difficult, gurgling in her throat and beginning to gasp. Her sister came back in to our room about 4:00, probably not sleeping and heard the breathing. We decided to call our son from his home, and daughter from downstairs where she was camping in the living room.

The breathing got worse, then she opened her eyes wide, just staring. We put ourselves in her line of sight one by one, talking to her. No detectable response, but who knows?

At 4:57, her eyes semi-closed and her breathing stopped. Her sister fully closed her eyes.

We all hugged and cried, then each of us spent a few minutes alone with her to say our goodbyes.

We've been married 47 years and 8 months to the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's at peace now Mac. She's been good to you and you to her. A lifetime together to share so much with each other. It has been such an incredible gift, this love, that you two had. But still, having to say goodbye hurts. She's resting now and so can you. In a while you'll be able to go for a long ride on your bike, and with the wind rushing at you, you'll be able to embrace your memories of her. She would like that.

You and your family have my deepest sympathies.

Mac, I'm so sorry to hear this news, only learning of your shared ordeal on returning to this forum after several months.

While the bonds of love never die, the pain of separation from any dear one — a friend, or colleague or parent or spouse — is not often an easy thing to bear. Even with warning enough to set affairs in order and to achieve closure in one's personal connections, a change of this nature transitions everyone involved into a new situation, into a new and different world, to whatever degree.

Please accept my sincere condolences and extend them to family and friends. And please know, too, and remember always, that all of us so very much wish you every brilliant thing!

She's at peace now Mac. She's been good to you and you to her. A lifetime together to share so much with each other. It has been such an incredible gift, this love, that you two had. But still, having to say goodbye hurts. She's resting now and so can you. In a while you'll be able to go for a long ride on your bike, and with the wind rushing at you, you'll be able to embrace your memories of her. She would like that.
You and your family have my deepest sympathies.
+1

So well said Mike. "She's at peace now".

Mac, now you have to take care of yourself and your family.

I watch for updates in this thread every time I log on, praying for you and your family.

My deepest condolences Mac.

I cannot begin to imagine - the dissonance between gratitude for almost fifty years together and the searing pain of losing the love of your life as you go forward. I can only hope that as you grieve, the pain recedes to the point that the memories only bring smiles.

But remember her kind wish for you as advice for going on: "I want you to enjoy your bike." It's more than therapeutic; it's a memorial to her and the love you shared.

Wishing you peace, Mac.

So sorry to hear this mcatrophy.My condolences to you and your family.One day you will meet her again...

As soon as you feel that you can,ride your bike.It will help you and also was her wish...