Identify These Risers

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so they are GenMars... thanks to all who responded (hint: enough with the input, it's settled).

Sooooo, can I stack the GenMars (again with the hinting) add another product to the GenMar riders without worrying about cable legnth?

On a different subject...it appears that I have heated grips and the GenMars... if YOU had this bike, what would be the next thing YOU would add?

Gas. Go ride. :D

Lots of guys (maybe even gals) have stacked risers with stock lines. I have D&D's with Lenkers to rotate to any angle. Cables are tight, but not dangerously so. If you stacked two pairs of the massive up and back risers, it probably wouldn't work due to the lines. But the "nominal" sets will probably stack just fine.

They're Doug Hines risers. I have the SAME EXACT set on mine.

He was the first to make them for the '03's back in August of '02.

Everyone else, Gen Mar included, came out right after he did.

I don't need gas, I just had mexican.

Ohhhhhh... that kinda gas. How far do you guys/gals get on a tank?

I went 312 one time. Thought the gauge was broken. The bike would not stay running on the kicksand for lack of fuel. Didn't think I'd make it to the station, but I did.

Had I been riding my Harley, I would have been pushing for a long time. Soon as the reserve light went on, if I went downhill, the engine would cut off. Wonderful engineering, that! Built in conservancy. Hmm, don't need gas to go downhill, but need it to go uphill. Of course on level ground you should be able to go 50 miles. In the mountains your guess is as good as mine... POS. I hated that aspect of the bike.

Ok, so they are GenMars... thanks to all who responded (hint: enough with the input, it's settled).
Sooooo, can I stack the GenMars (again with the hinting) add another product to the GenMar riders without worrying about cable legnth?

On a different subject...it appears that I have heated grips and the GenMars... if YOU had this bike, what would be the next thing YOU would add?
Hey rene,

They do look just like the Gen Mars I have.

Can another product be stacked on them? Not likely, from the reports I've read about limited available hose length. Maybe a little more room there, but without longer lines, it might be tough.

Heated grips, risers, next thing?.....Power distribution block (if there's not one there yet), because you'll need it for the GPS, Audiovox Cruise, Satellite Radio, etc...

Have fun, YMMV,

Shane

Hey rene,

They do look just like the Gen Mars I have.

Can another product be stacked on them? Not likely, from the reports I've read about limited available hose length. Maybe a little more room there, but without longer lines, it might be tough.

Heated grips, risers, next thing?.....Power distribution block (if there's not one there yet), because you'll need it for the GPS, Audiovox Cruise, Satellite Radio, etc...

Have fun, YMMV,

Shane
I'm not a big gadget fan (at least not on the bike). I normally use a chatterbox and an IPod and thats about it. I could see where a PDB would be a must-have for many riders though.

I agree with you on the stacking of the risers.... I think the length of the hose/cables etc would be iffy at best, and the integrity of the bars possibly weakened.

I have to get tires next, mine are cupped badly from what I can only guess was a hesitant prior owner. I had Pilot Powers on my VFR and LOVED them, but I have heard mixed reviews while lurking here. I ride on the agressive side when I am with buddies (30% of the time on the bike is spent at the speed limit X 2 + 10-20mph, floowing ZX's, CBR's, RC's et al). Any tire suggestions?

Thanks to everyone thus far on this never-ending thread... your input is invaluable

They're Doug Hines risers. I have the SAME EXACT set on mine.He was the first to make them for the '03's back in August of '02.

You can't possibly have the SAME EXACT set on yours. If you did, his would be missing. It's more likely that you have a very similar set made by the same manufacturer. :haha:

I'm learning from twowheelnut. Blame him. :p

They're Doug Hines risers. I have the SAME EXACT set on mine.He was the first to make them for the '03's back in August of '02.

You can't possibly have the SAME EXACT set on yours. If you did, his would be missing. It's more likely that you have a very similar set made by the same manufacturer. :haha:

ROTFLMAO

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rene: This is the point you where make a posting saying "Hey, my risers are missing!?! :bigeyes: "

Last edited by a moderator:

rene: This is the point you where make a posting saying "Hey, my risers are missing!?! :bigeyes: "
Hey, wait, how did you KNOW they were gone?!?!? :eek:

:p