Important Undisclosed Feature

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Windjammer

Reaction score
Two weekends ago I rented a tiller and went out to till the garden. We were expanding the garden a bit also, and in the process of removing a couple of large rocks I strained some lower back muscles. Result was nasty and persistent lower back pain, lasted all week and basically hurt unless I was laying down.

Last weekend I took the FJR out for a nice long ride, about 900 miles or so. Saturday night, after the first 450 miles, the back pain was GONE!! Like not there at all! Hasn't returned either. Now I have one more good excuse to go for a ride!!

Just thought I'd help you fellers out, ya got a new excuse to tell the wife!! :D

Two weekends ago I rented a tiller and went out to till the garden. We were expanding the garden a bit also, and in the process of removing a couple of large rocks I strained some lower back muscles. Result was nasty and persistent lower back pain, lasted all week and basically hurt unless I was laying down.
Last weekend I took the FJR out for a nice long ride, about 900 miles or so. Saturday night, after the first 450 miles, the back pain was GONE!! Like not there at all! Hasn't returned either. Now I have one more good excuse to go for a ride!!

Just thought I'd help you fellers out, ya got a new excuse to tell the wife!! :D
I had heard that you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a pyschiatrist's office. Now we can expand that with, "or an FJR in front of a chiropractor." ???

God, I wish! I broke my back in 1996 and every now and then I suffer. Right now would be the suffering part (again)... MD said I am off work for the next two weeks. I can't even swing a leg over the FJR. Seems that they might do an MRI on it to see how things are doing in there - probably a good idea. All I know is that the weather has been fantastic and there are no bugs yet to speak of! Best time to ride.

I think that I shall take another Flexeril... :dribble:

John.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true. I am plagued with lower back pain. If you can make it the the FJR, she will take care of it big time. I have no explanation for this, but it is what works for me. Truth is stranger than fiction. Of course, I don't think my back problems are due to any injury (major anyway). I think mine is the same as my neck pain, due to calcium deposits inside the vertibrae putting pressure on the nerves. (just my theory, have had the MRI on the neck so that part is confirmed - no MRI yet on lower back)

While I cannot attest to the root cause of my lower back pain, I can attest that the FJR is my best provider of relief.

I will just say I don't notice my lower back pain when I am otherwise distracked taking care of the business of riding while the scenery rapidly flys by on the FJR.

Wind,

The pain hasn't just shifted from your back to your ass has it? 900 miles on a stock seat in a weekend would definitely do it for me.....

Wind, The pain hasn't just shifted from your back to your ass has it? 900 miles on a stock seat in a weekend would definitely do it for me.....
Actually, no. Over the winter I had my seat re-done by Rick Mayer. This was the first ride of any real distance upon that seat. Big improvement over stock. Riding position stayed about the same, but the burning ass cheeks have been banished. I was able to run out a full tank of fuel without stopping, and only minor discomfort.

900 miles on the stock seat would have been an ass burner for sure, one that lasted for a few days after the ride, too.

Now -- just get your doctor to prescribe this, and maybe your insurance will buy your FJR! (who knows, it might work...)

I had lower back pain when I got out of the Navy 20+ years ago. Didn't get resolved until someone smarter than me told to stop sitting on my wallet. Removed the wallet, pain left, never returned. Still don't sit on my wallet ever. Too many nerves getting crushed by a wallet in your back pocket. Good luck with the pain - get up and ride life's too short. kb

I had heard that you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a pyschiatrist's office.

I have that T-shirt.

It gets quite a few laughs.

Shane

I had lower back pain when I got out of the Navy 20+ years ago. Didn't get resolved until someone smarter than me told to stop sitting on my wallet. Removed the wallet, pain left, never returned. Still don't sit on my wallet ever. Too many nerves getting crushed by a wallet in your back pocket. Good luck with the pain - get up and ride life's too short. kb
My wife takes care of my wallet problems..........she empties it regularly.

:(