insurance price ??

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverdog

Reaction score
what are you guys paying for insurance for your FJR ?

monthly , full coverage, yearly..........?

what are you guys paying for insurance for your FJR ?

monthly , full coverage, yearly..........?
About $270 / YR full coverage / uninsured / with elevated liability limits on my 06 through Foremost.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just reviewing my policy tonight so I happen to have the declarations page right in front of me.

Allstate - PA

'08 FJRA

Liability/Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists - $100K/$300K each person/ each accident

Passenger Liability $50K

Collision - $250 deductible

Comprehensive - $100 deductible

Optional Equipment - $3000

Yearly premium - $485.95

Hmmmm....... It appears I'm getting screwed. I live in a small town in Eastern Washington. Population: 35000. No tickets. No accidents. No nothing.

Premium with comprehensive and all the shit: 985 fu*king dollars!

Hmmmm....... It appears I'm getting screwed. I live in a small town in Eastern Washington. Population: 35000. No tickets. No accidents. No nothing.
Premium with comprehensive and all the shit: 985 fu*king dollars!

Don't feel bad, up here I am paying $850 for full coverage. Mind you, over half of that premium is for personal accident benefits that the Ontario government (I use the term loosely) made mandatory back in the eighties. Funny thing is they value the bike at a replacment cost of almost double what I paid for it (I bought it in the states). Since I use it for commuting (when the snow is gone), I figure I gain back at least half of that cost in gas savings. At least that's the way I like to justify it.

Here in the People's Republic of Kalifornia, I am paying just under $600 per year for full coverage and $300,000 liabilty limits and $300,000 uninsured motorist with Nationwide.

Includes roadside assistance, towing, etc.

As an American Terrorist (commercial insurance broker) I have seen the "issues" of not carrying enough liability insurance.

By your location and your age rates vary tremendously, you just have to check around for the best deal. Progressive, Foremost, Nationwide seem to have good products.

Happy Hunting.

biknflyfisher

whats everybody paying for insurance on their FJR ??

full coverage, monthly- yearly ??

i just got my renewal.$333.00 progressive.its been 2 years now.It was 4 something when i first got it.

Dean :yahoo:

Hey Silverdog, I found State Farm to be the cheapest. The trick is you have to let them insure your house and car.When they insure all these items you get a great deal on the bike. I pay $269.00 full coverage on 2007. I have Progressive on my ski boat and they wern't that cheap. Both Progressive and Geico were high for me anyway,on the FJR. Insurance quotes are pretty confusing for those of us not in the business.

Check out the categories on the main page and you'll see that there is an entire section devoted to this.

Expect this thread to be moved by the admins to it's rightful place on the board - Oh, I just noticed a duplicte thread was started, so this one will most likely be deleted.

Also try a google search "<keyword> site:fjrforum.com"

Progressive $270 yr. with multi-bike, no tickets or claims. 100/300K for $58, 50K property damage for $20, no uninjured, $100 comp. for $44, $1000 collision for $148, with $3000 accessory coverage included. Think it would have been around $310 with only one bike. Also more if not paid by the year.

Hey Silverdog, I found State Farm to be the cheapest. The trick is you have to let them insure your house and car.When they insure all these items you get a great deal on the bike. I pay $269.00 full coverage on 2007. I have Progressive on my ski boat and they wern't that cheap. Both Progressive and Geico were high for me anyway,on the FJR. Insurance quotes are pretty confusing for those of us not in the business.
In Delaware, with my cars and house on State Farm, it would be over $700 for my 2007 AE. No tickets or accidents!! Therefore, I am with Foremost for $375. Dairyland would be about $10 cheaper but it was not worth losing several years with Foremost. Also, if Dairyland found out that my son was living at home, they would raise my rates or cancel me so it is not worth the risk of them denying coverage of an accident if they found out he lived at home. With Dairyland, they consider ALL licensed drivers even if they do not have motorcycle endorsements since "they can always grab the keys". Foremost only considers family members with motorcycle endorsements like most companies.

AAA Coverage Limit of Liability Premium *

Liability

Bodily Injury $100,000 Each Person $300,000 Each Occurence $145

Property Damage $100,000 Each Occurence $33

Medical

Medical Payment $0 $0

Physical Damage

Comprehensive ACV

(Less Deductible) $100 $65

Collision ACV

(Less Deductible) $100 $240

Car Rental Expense(Per Day) $0 $0

Uninsured Motorist

Uninsured & Underinsured(Bodily Injury) $30,000 Each Person $60,000 Each Occurence $64

Uninsured Deductible Waiver YES

Uninsured Collision $0

Total Premium $547

NO TICKETS WITH A PERFECT DRIVING RECORD. It seems a little high but this is for a year and not for only a 6 month policy.

Last edited by a moderator:
$296 a year with Gieco ,,,,for a 2008 FJR

That was last year ,,, haven't got the bill for this year yet,,

Gieco

$100K / $300K bodily inj. liab. unisured etc..

$500 ded.

discounts : multi MC (2) ,, mature rider ,, MSF instructor

if I remember right they give 10% discount for MSF safety course ,,,

20% for MSF instructor,,,

Ohio ,, age 57 ,,, no tickets,,,