Interesting story about a woman rider

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burns1

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
Makes me think there is hope after all, but she is courting bad trouble or even death.

She has at least a helmet, jacket, gloves and some leg armor.

And all these Harley Rats can't find any...................PUUUUUULLLLLLEEEEEZEEEEZ.

Good for her, Glad she is having a chance to do this

Very cool story to see a girl find her freedom and follow her dreams coming from a country that oppresses women. The video was nice too.

Rbentnail, is that supposed to be funny? A story about a woman fulfilling a dream, overcoming near impossible odds to achieve her goal and the best thing you can think of to say is, "I'd do her..."? Here's a suggestion - how about you don't say a damn thing at all if that's the best you can do.

BigChunk

Great article. I did have to chuckle at this.

"They obviously thought I was male," she explains. "Whenever I stopped to ask directions and they realized I was female, they didn't know what to do.
Did they know because of her voice, or because even in Pakistan, men don't stop to ask directions?
biggrin.png

Great photos and story, her dad I'm sure would be very proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love these types of stories...good for her! :D

Reminds me of a ride thread I followed on ADV a few years back about a young Chinese girl riding across China on a small bike...wish I could find the link. It was a pretty cool story.

Rbentnail, is that supposed to be funny? A story about a woman fulfilling a dream, overcoming near impossible odds to achieve her goal and the best thing you can think of to say is, "I'd do her..."? Here's a suggestion - how about you don't say a damn thing at all if that's the best you can do.
BigChunk
First, yes, so

Second, it's a tip o' the hat to D. "The Big Shillelagh" S. Gone but never forgotten.

I'd do her.....
I'm sure there are a lot of guys that would like to...

...but she wouldn't likely "do" you though.

She seems like one with higher goals and expectations in life...no offense.
No offense taken
smile.png
. She's pretty but her "higher goals and expectations" are the most attractive part. Sure, she's unobtainable for us balding, old, fat guys but if she needs a sponsor to get in the USA I'd step up. Biker-riding chick with a sense of adventure, impervious to danger? Priceless!

Yeah, very cool of her to face those challenges. And I do love a good adventure story as much as the next... person.

But... exactly why is it that you have to have a dick between your legs to be a "qualified" world adventurer? :unsure:

(note to certain posters: I didn't say that you have to BE a dick)

I am surrounded by fully competent women at work, in our social circles (even here), and even in my own immediate family, which has more critical, medically trained ability to respond to the utmost gruesome of human tragedy, going back many decades even to my own mother, than the average clan.

I am no longer "astounded" by the accomplishments of women. Appreciative, but not shocked.

But.. good for her. Who of us (regardless of gender) doesn't want that kind of adventure?