Iron Butt Rally 2007 Write-Up

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I laughed at the rocking chair and Bartlett campaign reference: Lily Thomlin played the president's secretary on West Wing.

I would have been really shaken on some gravel road to have somebody who I'm sure knows more about it than me tell me it's not the right road.

When I was just a kid in high school I had to fly by myself from Florida to San Francisco. There was a plane change in Dallas. Not what you would call a seasoned air traveller, it occurred to me about an hour into the San Fransisco leg that I wasn't sure if I was supposed to get my luggage onto the second plane myself, or if that was automatic. A very empty helpless feeling, which is exactly how I would have felt in your place being told "I don't think it's the right road." I was very glad to see those bags come out on the carousel, just as I'm sure you were very glad to see that old tree at the end of the road.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would have been really shaken on some gravel road to have somebody who I'm sure knows more about it than me tell me it's not the right road.
Paul (BIODSL on the forum) was also responsible for a truly innovative audio blog during the event that a several called, "The Blog of Despair". Paul truly is one of those up and down personalities that as thoroughly entertaining to watch as methodical, and even more fun to mutually digest the event with afterwards.

Want some fun? Try comparing my Death Valley/Yosemite/Mono Day with his. We virtually had the same day of bonii as....and his audio is while he's doing the event!

Ignacio -

Abso-friggin-lutely wonderful story. At times I laughed out loud or nodded my head knowingly. There were bits of magical prose in there...you can write! I appreciate the effort you made to document each bonus with a photo, either yours or someone else's. If I ever make it into the IBR, this report is going to be mandatory reading for my family. Thanks for taking the time to do it right. And, of course, congratulations on finishing 17th!!

Jerry