Kaismo's SFO Recap

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaismo

Reaction score
This will be my first ever ride report so I apologize in advance if I screw something up. I can't figure out how to post images so you will have to take my word I was actually there. My one word report was AWESOME. I don't know how well organized other events are but my visit to the 2016 SFO would rate a 11 on the movie Spinal Tap's guitar amp volume setting. The whole event was amazing and the genuine hospitality of Mr. And Mrs. Turk and their extended family was incredible. Between great roads, great food, great music Allen Barlow and meeting a group of hardcore riders was the most fun I had in recent memory. Met Mr. Pants and Nate on Thursday for the first time and was everything was going smoothly until we find ourselves on some country road that turns into dirt and right about then a episode of true detective or the theme song for Deliverance starts playing in my head since I only met Mr. Pants on the internet a few days earlier so you never can tell. Luckily for me, Mr. Pants just was temporarily lost and we continued on our way to Aliceville to me up with Cav47 and Turk. More good riding continued through the day and then we stopped for pie on our way to Jennison. Thursday night was at Club Turk with burgers and dogs and I was able to meet some of the esteemed members of this forum who were in attendance. Friday was off the charts with the roads we hit and also went to Cheaha State Park which just happened to be the highest point in Alabama. I noticed some of the attendees like to enjoy "spirited" riding and this is the best way I can describe Friday with just a bit of background first. Been riding a HD for the last 15 years and I could count on one hand the number of possible traffic code violations I could have racked up during this time period. On Friday alone I possibly had a couple of hundred moving violations and if Flo from Progressive Insurance had "snapshot" connected to my ECU then I would not have been purchased insurance for any amount of money for the rest of my natural born life. Friday even was back at Club Turk for the festivities and imagine a place in rural Alabama that had a ton of lights and a whole bunch of Halloween decorations in place for our visit. I enjoyed my first shrimp/corn boil and the food was was top notch. The capper for the night besides the escapades of the various attendees was the concert from Allen. This guy can straight up play a guitar and sing and we were blessed to have him play at SFO. Although I had to cut my trip short, first thing Saturday morning it was more excellent pavement and a head up to Barber for a group photo. While some anonymous members in our group choose to water the trees outside I had a nature call too however I decided to pay the $15 to hit the bathroom and while the might seem like an extreme amount of money for a bathroom break they just happen to throw in about 1,400 motorcycles to look at after hitting the head. Good call Turk on telling me to hit the museum before heading back to Texas. I want to personally thank all the new acquaintances I met this weekend and you can count me in again if there is ever another repeat get together at Club Turk.

Kaismo

I want to personally thank all the new acquaintances I met this weekend and you can count me in again if there is ever when there is another repeat get together at Club Turk.
Kaismo
FIFY
smile.png

Very nice report and it's amazing how most of us still have a drivers license. With a guy named "pants" you were damn lucky when the gravel started
wink.png

PS....paragraphs are your friend
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator: