Link Arm Bearing Kit Gen1?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sath182

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a kit out there I can source to refit my rear linkage? I just priced the parts I might need and it isn't cheap.

Right now I have one bearing at the bottom of the shock that I know for sure is seized. There is minimal play in the arm it's self, but the collar is scored and it needs replaced. No idea on the frame end's condition since I haven't been able to get the arm off. Bearings at both ends of the dog bones roll freely and the collars look in good shape so I lubed them and put it all together. Should I look at replacing them anyway?

This is what I'm looking at to replace all but the collars for the dog bones. Total cost on cheap cycle parts is ~$145 before tax & shipping.

93109-17071..........OIL SEAL........8
90387-102R4..........COLLAR.........1
93315-31759..........BEARING.........2
93317-31701..........BEARING.........4
90387-127W0.........COLLAR..........1

If a bearing and collar is fine, leave them alone. They can go the life of the bike if properly serviced. One member mentioned sourcing a kit from All Balls bearings, but I don't know anything about that.

I got all my parts from Cyclepartswarehouse. Significantly cheaper than OEM. Don't know anything about cheap cycle parts or getting discount parts across the pond.

No that's the US price. I only live in the UK atm. But perhaps I should shop around some more. I will have to wait till I can get a look at the upper end of the arm to decide on what parts i need. I suppose I can't replace the lower bearing without taking the arm off the bike.

I looked for (and didn't find) an All Balls kit. I priced out the bearings (6) and oil seals (8) for the linkage (excluding collars, bolts, nuts etc.) and came up with ~$116 or so. This didn't include swing arm bearings or shipping. (From a parts supplier that has pretty good prices) Unless a collar is pretty corroded I doubt it would need more than a cleaning. This was for a Gen II.

I looked for (and didn't find) an All Balls kit. I priced out the bearings (6) and oil seals (8) for the linkage (excluding collars, bolts, nuts etc.) and came up with ~$116 or so. This didn't include swing arm bearings or shipping. (From a parts supplier that has pretty good prices) Unless a collar is pretty corroded I doubt it would need more than a cleaning. This was for a Gen II.
If the collar is fine, then the bearing is fine. If not, then both need replacing.

If the collar is fine, then the bearing is fine. If not, then both need replacing.
I haven't had a look at mine yet and I'm not buying any bits until I get it all apart. Hopefully a clean,grease and re-assembly is all it will need. I would have thought surface corrosion on the collar could be cleaned up while oxide particles in the needles would be more problematic. The (4) collars only adds $24 to the total so I guess it wouldn't hurt to replace them if there is any doubt.