lookin for a good deal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamahog

Reaction score
hey all, I'm new to the site, lovin it so far. I'm coming from a chopped 95 virago that I love, but just doesnt go fast enough when I want it too. After an 1100 mile round trip last weekend I decided that my modifications definately werent for the best, highway wise. I've pretty much fallen in love with the fjr and after a lot! of research decided it's probably my next ride. Anywho. I'm in Wyoming now and relocating to Colorado. I found an 05 with abs at BMW of denver for 11,495 with 1700 miles on it. Sound good? Anyone familiar with that dealership? Any feedback is appreciated.

hey all, I'm new to the site, lovin it so far. I'm coming from a chopped 95 virago that I love, but just doesnt go fast enough when I want it too. After an 1100 mile round trip last weekend I decided that my modifications definately werent for the best, highway wise. I've pretty much fallen in love with the fjr and after a lot! of research decided it's probably my next ride. Anywho. I'm in Wyoming now and relocating to Colorado. I found an 05 with abs at BMW of denver for 11,495 with 1700 miles on it. Sound good? Anyone familiar with that dealership? Any feedback is appreciated.
10K sounds a lot better.

I'll sell you my 04 with 27K for 8.5K. Might even bring it out to you. Heck I was just there 3 days ago!

Sounds a little steep. Any farkles? YES warranty? Anything to sweeten the pot? You ought to be able to find a new one for less than 1K more.

"10K sounds a lot better"

+ 1 Bought my 05 abs for $ 10,500; farkled out with corbin saddle, k&m air filter, moto lights, piaa bulbs and 1,900 miles in Sept 05.

it looks like an aftermarket seat...
85154990_2.jpg

Looks like da Sarge to me. And risers. And Metzler :eek: meats. And somebodys flip shield.

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry bout the pic size, didnt think it would come in that big. Thanks for the reply's though. Nada was close, but sounds like I could get a much better deal.

sorry bout the pic size, didnt think it would come in that big. Thanks for the reply's though. Nada was close, but sounds like I could get a much better deal.

Keep searching. My '05 ABS OTD 23 months ago was only 11,600. Not nearly enough aftermarket farkles/accessories on that bike to justify that price. Check out www.cycletrader.com, print out an advertisement, take it to the BMW dealer, and see if they will match. Otherwise there are some posted there that are cheap enough to pay for shipping to you if you're not ready to ride one home from across the country.

Keep searching. My '05 ABS OTD 23 months ago was only 11,600. Not nearly enough aftermarket farkles/accessories on that bike to justify that price. Check out www.cycletrader.com, print out an advertisement, take it to the BMW dealer, and see if they will match. Otherwise there are some posted there that are cheap enough to pay for shipping to you if you're not ready to ride one home from across the country.

that was off cycletrader.com. most seemed to be in that range, but I only found a couple in the denver area.

there was one dealership advertising an 06 AE and an 06 A. If I could grab the A around that same price...