Looking For PCIII Maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A41Billy

Reaction score
I have searched the forums and the web well and can only find old posts on PCIII maps for the Gen II. Most links are now broken or pertain to the Gen I.

I found info here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=20575&hl=wally++revs

and here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/27653-wallys-pciii-smoothness-map-converted-for-gen-ii-bikes/page-2

Nothing in the bin o facts.

I have an 06 with a Muzzy full system and stock air filter o2 sensor disconnected.

I am currently running the Muzzy map, but find it still stumbles coming off idle pretty badly.

About a month or so ago I read a post about making sure the o2 sensor was disconnected if using the PCIII. I checked the connector and found it was still connected. I disconnected the o2 sensor and the bike ran much smoother and seemed fixed. This only lasted for 1 ride and now the original condition has returned.

I am interested in trying a few maps to see if I can remedy this. Does anyone have some Gen II maps they could send me or point me to a proper link? Possibly Raybans 06 Holeshot Wally Combo?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try Dynojet here. The maps may not be exact to what you are running, but they address a free flowing exhaust system. They are freebies, download and look at the fuel maps to see what is common to the aftermarket exhausts. The only way to get it correct is to run your FJR on a chassis dyno and get a tune that is matched to your FJR. Several have done this and the results fulfilled their goals but in the end the results were not satisfying to run on the street every day, and reverted to a softer fuel map.

• 419-505 European model Beowolf slip-ons with baffles fitted Stock air filter O2 sensor disconnected
  • 419-504 European model, Holeshot 4-2 Headers with stock exhausts#, Stock or aftermarket air filter, O2 sensor disconnected
  • 419-503 European model, Devil slip-on exhaust with baffle, Stock air filter, O2 sensor disconnected
  • 419-502 German model-Stock exhaust, Stock or aftermarket air filter, O2 sensor disconnected, O2 Sensor eliminator installed
  • 419-002 Two Brothers VALE slip-on, Stock or aftermarket air filter 419-001 Stock exhaust, Stock air filter, Stock O2 sensor disconnected

Thanks ionbeam. I came across those in my search, but was reluctant to try them as the models listed were mostly Euro. I downloaded and tried them all today. Only 1 of those supplied on Dynojets site made the FJR happy/happier. I could feel a significant difference in smoothness and off throttle response instantly. A nice peppy run up the Applegate proved this to be a nice map for my setup.

I wish we had a Dyno tuner here. Our local group is trying to get Nels from 2wheeled Dyno Works to make a trip here from Washington. Until then, this should get me by. Thanks for your help!

What Ionbeam said is the best, tune it on a Dyno, all bikes are just a little different due to tolerances, etc.

My bike was custom mapped with a full Holeshot system, I can send ya that map if you want to try it, it's pretty smooth on mine, but a 4 into 1 system is waaaay different!

What Ionbeam said is the best, tune it on a Dyno, all bikes are just a little different due to tolerances, etc.
My bike was custom mapped with a full Holeshot system, I can send ya that map if you want to try it, it's pretty smooth on mine, but a 4 into 1 system is waaaay different!
I would certainly give your map a try. Please send!

I've tried copying and pasting, but it doesn't seem to want to work for some reason...so I just took a couple of pics! Anybody that wants to try it is more than welcome.

https://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/not2shabby/20131024_221041_zps865680fb.jpg

https://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/not2shabby/20131024_221129_zpsebccdff4.jpg

You'll just have to plug in the #'s manually...sorry bout that. The map works great on my bike, but then it is custom made for it, YMMV.

On my SS1000 a few years back I manually calculated mpg since I was keeping track of miles ridden, etc. and I was getting 45-46 mpg cruising at 75-80 most of the time....occasionally maybe...a tad more...

Thanks for sharing it! I assume O2 sensor is disconnected? Stock air filter?

I've got these punched into a djm. I hope to give it a try tomorrow and fill the fuel tank (again).

I've tried copying and pasting, but it doesn't seem to want to work for some reason...so I just took a couple of pics! Anybody that wants to try it is more than welcome...
Now that's what I call a real screen shot!

20131024_221041_zps865680fb.jpg

20131024_221129_zpsebccdff4.jpg

I've tried copying and pasting, but it doesn't seem to want to work for some reason...so I just took a couple of pics! Anybody that wants to try it is more than welcome...

20131024_221041_zps865680fb.jpg

20131024_221129_zpsebccdff4.jpg
Taken with my new Galaxy S4, I'm really impressed with the camera on this phone!

You guys are welcome, just hope it works out for ya. BTW, I get about 36-37 mpg commuting 8 miles one way on surface streets, 45-50 mph and below.

Oh yeah, one question; the last several times I've linked pics from Photobucket, the bottom link isn't allowed. I get a message from the board saying I'm not allowed to link pics that way. I've always done it that way in the past...what's up with that?

Ion, how did you do the direct link?

Oh yeah, one question; the last several times I've linked pics from Photobucket, the bottom link isn't allowed. I get a message from the board saying I'm not allowed to link pics that way. I've always done it that way in the past...what's up with that?
You copy the info in the "direct link" box on photobucket, then select the photo link adder on here and paste in the URL direct link you copied from photobucket. Hit enter and that should show you the picture. When your happy hit post and it is done.

Ah, ok. In the past I've just and copied and pasted it w/o the photo link adder step.

Edit: I take that back, in the past I've been copying the 'IMG' link, not the direct one and it used to work.

[img=[URL="https://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/not2shabby/20131024_221041_zps865680fb.jpg%5D"]https://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/not2shabby/20131024_221041_zps865680fb.jpg][/URL]

[img=[URL="https://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/not2shabby/20131024_221129_zpsebccdff4.jpg%5D"]https://i1194.photobucket.com/albums/aa370/not2shabby/20131024_221129_zpsebccdff4.jpg][/URL]

If you have a little jerkiness left going from closed throttle to opening, try adding a value in the "0" throttle position up to 2200 RPM. Ahchiu figured that out and it really smoothest out that transition. IIRC he put in a value of 10, but you can experiment with that. That table is a spreadsheet that is adding or subtracting from the baseline map the FJR computer has. Just click on the cell and type in the value you want to try.

Hmmm, I might try that. Every once in a great while it does jerk just a bit at really low rpm barely cracking the throttle. Usually creeping along in traffic.

Thanks for the info!

Posting pictures has been funky since that latest 'upgrade?'. What I'm going to describe works with Firefox, evidently posting pictures varies with the browser.

In the following picture, note that the URL does not end in a picture extension like JPG, GIF, PNG so the URL can't be used. In this case, on the right side I clicked on Direct, then in the Reply to this topic box I clicked the IMG button and pasted the link in the pop-up box.

ScreenShot1_zpse008cf00.jpg

In the image below the URL ends in JPG so I simply copied the URL and pasted it using the IMG button.

ScreenShot2_zpsbe44cc25-1.jpg

BTW, how's the 'kids'?