Lumpkin Ridge Road

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many many years ago, as in 40 years ago. Is Lumpkin Ridge Rd paved now?

It was a damn rough gravel road then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a recon mission is in order...
biggrin.png

I have not but I believe Banjoboy crashed his FZ6 or FJR on that road after miles of dirty gravel. I say go for it and report back
wink.png

I'll be on LaPorte rd. Friday afternoon with my Supermoto
punk.gif
Back in fall of 2013 or '14? I rode it on mah beautiful '07 black cherry. T'wuz, gnarly, cuz I got lost, (Took a wrong turn 'n ended up on a dead end logging road; something's Bar.) was all hot 'n bothered, dehydrated, my rear brake was sticking, (Too much dirt in the pivot shaft.) I'd blown a fork seal hit'in pot holes, and then bailed on La Porte road. Cuz I suck! Rode that bike on all kinds of gnarly dirt, gravel, rocky roads, butt wouldn't recommend it on an FJR. Think it took me like 3 hrs from Forbestown rd to the reservoir. That's how lost I got!

Somebody w/ a 'tard 'n sum navigation skills should check it out, 'n report back. Buggy. ;)

I

I'm late to the game here, but I have done that road on my 2005 a few years back and it was paved. Goat road, but paved. I was just running the pavement until it stopped starting from the Lake Orville side and ended up at La Porte. Some of it is Mill Road combination but it was paved.

John