MadJackDog in Accident

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Praying for a speedy recovery, it sickens me to hear a another rider run down by a distracted driver. :angry2:

Thanks to all for wonderful support! Will read all messages to madjAckdog Aka my husband. Came out of surgery with flying colors!! Pins and screws in his middle back. He's going to be seeing a lawyer! Still has to have surgery on both hands and then his left foot! He did have a fabulous trip. I'll post pics for him when I finAlly get him home.

Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery MJD.

Add me to the pissed off at distracted cell drivers list :angry2: .. Twice ass packed in less than a year by self absorbed idiots. Thankfully I was in my truck both times..

Please let us know if we can do anything or offer any sort of assistance.

(Hoping someone can keep us updated on your condition/location/circumstances, brother.)

Stay strong.
+1. You have a very strong and loyal community here. Please don't hesitate to ask for help. We'd all be more than happy to lend any assistance we can.
Mark

Twice ass packed in less than a year by self absorbed idiots.
You sure that's how you want to state your circumstances?
Leave my circumcision outa this Mark.... MJD is hurting and my menial operation(and I mean that literally) won't be of any interest to him right now..

Start a new thread ok man? ;)

Very very sorry to hear about this. I've never met MJD, but from the words of everyone else here, he appears to be a a good guy.

Here's to a speedy and complete recovery!

I am sorry to hear about your accident, but I am grateful to know that you came through your surgery well; praise be to God. Hang in there brother and you will be back in the saddle before you know it.

God I hate hearing about this. But, I'm glad he is doing as well as he is.

I can't get over how people think a phone call is more important than our lives.

Tell Allen we are all thinking about him, and you.

I just looked through the blog of your trip and it looked like your crew had a great experience together. How terrible, though, to have it end--and so close to home--like this. I don't know you either, Al, but I feel like I know you a little from your posts. I know you have a pretty good sense of humor, so I hope you can use that to get through the next few days and weeks. Tease the nurses or something. And to your wife, who is probably reading this to you, I'm so sorry you have to go through this too, probably looking forward to Alan's coming home after this big trip and sharing the stories and pictures with you. Well, I guess the homecoming will be delayed, but you'll make it, and I know you'll have a lot of support from your local FJR crew. I'll second it: don't hesitate to ask for what help you need. Wish you a speedy recovery. And a damn mean lawyer.

I just looked through the blog of your trip and it looked like your crew had a great experience together. How terrible, though, to have it end--and so close to home--like this. I don't know you either, Al, but I feel like I know you a little from your posts. I know you have a pretty good sense of humor, so I hope you can use that to get through the next few days and weeks. Tease the nurses or something. And to your wife, who is probably reading this to you, I'm so sorry you have to go through this too, probably looking forward to Alan's coming home after this big trip and sharing the stories and pictures with you. Well, I guess the homecoming will be delayed, but you'll make it, and I know you'll have a lot of support from your local FJR crew. I'll second it: don't hesitate to ask for what help you need. Wish you a speedy recovery. And a damn mean lawyer.
Alan and Mrs Alan... having been the recipient of much great spirit/juju for the lovely Fjr folks here, I now pass that on to you for healing, patience, grace, and blessed modern pharmaceuticals. Take the time to heal well - you mind, your body, and your spirit. We are all with you! :)

Prayers sent for a speedy recovery of successful surgeries and a comfortable recovery. Thumbs up Ms. MJD for your courage and willingness to share this terrible time with us, especially so soon after. The FJR and MC nation is pulling for you both.

MJD is Alan. Here is a blog of his trip. He's the cute ome LOL! ihttps://thebigadventure2011.blogspot.com/
Thank you, MizzMJD.

(That blog is absolutely excellent, BTW. I ended up reading most of it, and it made my morning!)

...and from your above description of Alan, I gotta say I had trouble picking him out.
biggrin.gif

When you've the time, we hope you'll update us on his progress.

I just returned from a 4 thousand mile trip, much of it through the rain, and and your post has reminded me of the blessing of returning home safely. It seems that no matter how skilled we are or how defensively we ride, sometimes we find ourselves in the wrong place at the wrong time. It could happen to any of us, even as we drive our cages rather than our FJRs. Accidents do happen, but let's all pray that the skill of the doctors at Kern Medical and some help from above will have MJD back on his feet ASAP. We'll be praying for you too, Mrs. MJD, as this is a difficult time for you as well. We'll all be looking forward to hearing something soon about recovery.

Gary

darksider #44