Mature Riders and FJR's

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nice Rumble

Reaction score
Is it a generalization to say that the majority of FJR riders have acquired many miles in the seat and in life? It just struck me after looking at pictures I have taken with other FJR riders. I have to admit not too many squids run out and buy an FJR for their first bike. Maybe it's an aquired taste. I'm 63 and after riding mostly sport bikes I find sitting behind the windscreen of the FJR a good fit. Any youngish riders on the FJR?

IMG_9529-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it a generalization to say that the majority of FJR riders have acquired many miles in the seat and in life. It just struck me after looking at pictures I have taken with other FJR riders. I have to admit not too many squids run out and buy an FJR for their first bike. Maybe it's an aquired taste. I'm 63 and after riding mostly sport bikes I find sitting behind the windscreen of the FJR a good fit. Any youngish riders on the FJR?
IMG_9529-2.jpg
Im 22, and picking my AE up on saturday. Got a taste of the sport touring category from my dads ST13. Nothin else makes sense now.

Is it a generalization to say that the majority of FJR riders have acquired many miles in the seat and in life. It just struck me after looking at pictures I have taken with other FJR riders. I have to admit not too many squids run out and buy an FJR for their first bike. Maybe it's an aquired taste. I'm 63 and after riding mostly sport bikes I find sitting behind the windscreen of the FJR a good fit. Any youngish riders on the FJR?
IMG_9529-2.jpg

Good Gereralization. I'm 64 and I'm on a Valk and an ST1100. Soon to be on an FJR or the new Concours 1400.

But please do not discourage the squids from getting an FJR as a first bike. We "elderly" guys and gals then get a great change to buy a almost new FJr from one of those squids when they figure out that the saddle bags are not for them. The Generation X people will sell a $14K bike they owe $13.5K on for 10K just to get what they want.

I asked my 25 year olds son why his friend sold his car for 3K less than his loan to get a car he really wanted. My son's answer-----"Welcome to Genreation X"

Keep the young squids buying new FJRs. Maybe there is a very good deal out there for us "wiser" ie:eek:ld
olderrr.gif
riders.

[SIZE=36pt]39 YEAR YOUNG PUNK HERE.....i hope you can read this.[/SIZE]
I can read it, thank you! But I didn't hear a word you said!
icon_mrgreen.gif

CK

IMG_9529-2.jpg

Good Gereralization. I'm 64 and I'm on a Valk and an ST1100. Soon to be on an FJR or the new Concours 1400.

But please do not discourage the squids from getting an FJR as a first bike. We "elderly" guys and gals then get a great change to buy a almost new FJr from one of those squids when they figure out that the saddle bags are not for them. The Generation X people will sell a $14K bike they owe $13.5K on for 10K just to get what they want.

I asked my 25 year olds son why his friend sold his car for 3K less than his loan to get a car he really wanted. My son's answer-----"Welcome to Genreation X"

Keep the young squids buying new FJRs. Maybe there is a very good deal out there for us "wiser" ie:eek:ld
olderrr.gif
riders.

[SIZE=36pt]39 YEAR YOUNG PUNK HERE.....i hope you can read this.[/SIZE]
I can read it, thank you! But I didn't hear a word you said!
icon_mrgreen.gif

CK

Not only do we saddle the X'rs and later generations with our national debt and broken SS system....Now you want to take advantage off their naievety and bilk them out of their motorcycles too!. The shame of it all! :rolleyes: <_< B)

LC

I'm 43, my backseater is 32. IMO the FJR is too pricey for most younger folks unless it's their primary transportation, and then insurance cost is probably a deterrent.

Well, I'm 52, but far from mature. Just ask my wife. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=24pt]What's that? Whatcyha say? I can't hear you ........ [/SIZE]

If you'll take a look at the link below- you'll see that FJR riders are, by and large, ahhh...... not REALLY old.... and we still attract chicks (at least TurboDave does) .......

And if anyone says I'm an old fart, I'll come over there and kick your A*%, just as soon as I can get up out of this chair and find my cane.

Durn whippersnappers......

DV Ride

I think it's about disposable income and time to enjoy.

38, but there is younger on this board. I get the point of this thread, but when did a 145hp motorcycle capable of 155mph and sub 11 second quarter mile times become slow enough to be considered a geezer bike :blink: I bought it because I thought it was fast (and comfy!)

71 years here, you young whipper snappers. I bought the FJR because at my age you never know how much time you have left so I thought I had better speed up.

Now if this !@@#$$%& snow would stop so I could get out and ride.

Mac

Latest posts