Mileometer is now kmometer!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steeld

Reaction score
I must have pressed the wrong combinations of buttons while refuelling it but my 2003 FJR is now showing km rather than miles. I guess it's in the manual somewhere - gotta find the manual first.... :(

Yup. Can't help, I don't think the CDN bikes go back and forth and it isn't in our manual.

Either what Skyway said or push both at the same time? I've done it before by accident myself!

From Ignacio's Bin of Facts (see tech section)

Changing Odometer

With the key on hold the select and reset buttons for a few seconds and the display will toggle between Km and Miles.

I must have pressed the wrong combinations of buttons while refuelling it but my 2003 FJR is now showing km rather than miles. I guess it's in the manual somewhere - gotta find the manual first.... :(
BTDT! Hold down the select button for what seems like too long, and the km will go away.

Jill

You guys can change that?

It is so not fair! :eek:
That's what we think, too. One would imagine that Yamaha Corporate would realize that Northern North American FJR owners would utilize this particular "toggle" feature. Doh! :glare:

Last edited by a moderator:
BTDT! Hold down the select button for what seems like too long, and the km will go away.

Jill
Thanks Jill, that did the trick. :clapping:
FTR, holding down just the Select button toggles km/miles, while holding down both Select and Reset buttons enables the clock to be adjusted.

Last edited by a moderator: