Mladin retiring

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really follow AMA at all, but if he is really that disappointed with it, from what I gather, he should be able to look elsewhere for a ride?

Of course, rides are down this year due to the economy, but still....

I'm sure there are opportunity aplenty for Mladin to continue racing outside AMA, but he has said he will be retiring completely from racing.

So who is going to replace him?

Matt never was my favorite rider but he can ride well, and I think he helped make Spies a better rider through competition between the two on the track.

So who is going to replace him?
Matt never was my favorite rider but he can ride well, and I think he helped make Spies a better rider through competition between the two on the track.
Before anyone talks about replacement, need to stand by to see if Yosh/Suzuki will be running the series next year. Don't be surprised to see 1 or 2 of the top teams not participating next year.

If they are in the series next year, and if the contracts permit, I would guess Cardenas will be on a Yosh bike next year.

Not only did Mat make Ben a better rider, but, Mat admits that Ben brought a lot out of him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him on an occasional wild card ride in WSBK, especially at Philip Island.