Moisture in front signal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with this?  Doesn't happen when washing but often appears after a ride in the rain.  Only on the right side.  I expect that it will corrode the contacts eventually.  Have not taken it apart yet.  Dries out after a few days.

20200824-161522.jpg

Has anyone had issues with this?  Doesn't happen when washing but often appears after a ride in the rain.  Only on the right side.  I expect that it will corrode the contacts eventually.  Have not taken it apart yet.  Dries out after a few days.
The moisture looks like condensation, which would normally be driven out by the bulb's heat. I think there's a drain or breather hole at the bottom, visible  at the centre of this pic:

(Click on image for larger view)

If I'm right that this is a drain hole (but it may well not be), judging how clean you bike looks, maybe the hole is clogged with wax?

Or have you just used a pressure hose?

Bike was just washed after collecting 12 days worth of Newfoundland bugs and dirt road residue.  Not to mention the splooge that collects while riding in wet conditions.  I promise it isn't clogged with wax!