MotoGP at COTA

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're there for the weekend, driving out in the RV from CA. Will have the FJR in the trailer. Should be some fabulous racing
smile.png

I will be there most of the weekend as well. I guess I should be its in my neighborhood.

I'm coming from Jacksonville Fl. 1031 miles .Still can't get gps coordinates and the address doesn't work. if I had an address close by it would help ,the map on the cota site is not much help

I will also be there all 3 days with my bike. Burt, the place is in the boonies next to a brand new toll road, but i'm making a dry run tomorrow and if there's something close, gas station, etc, I'll get an address. For any of you thinking of "popping down", be aware there is NO FREE PARKING within 5 miles and everything is done through shuttles from Austin if parking hasnt been previously procured. I only live 60 miles away and i avoid Austin traffic like the plague...its like LA but with the same yuppie BMW/Landrover traffic jam over and over again...I'm staying in Lockhart 20 minutes south myself. Hopefully some of us feejer faithful can meet up somewhere, its all new this year but i'll park in lot H so its a start. Cant Wait !!!

Blessed,

Bobby

I'm coming from Jacksonville Fl. 1031 miles .Still can't get gps coordinates and the address doesn't work. if I had an address close by it would help ,the map on the cota site is not much help
Right pass COTA at the corner of El Roy road and FM-812. El Roy runs around the south side of the track and has entrance to various parking.

13912 Fm 812 Del Valle, TX 78617

This address is next to COTA. Used Garmin Mapquest and have been there several times from construction, CRT and Honda/Yamaha testing.

12904 Hwy 812

at the intersection of Piland Triangle

N30 07.828 W97.650

I think I have address that will work,It's to late to buy tickets on line . I hope that won't be a problem I'm leaving 4/17/13 if anyone else is heading that way from the south east coast ?

I'll be down there driving a golf cart for Seton Medical. The wifie works at the trauma center here in Austin, they needed someone to putz around in the cart, and it's free parking and credentials for all week, so how could I say no?

everything is done through shuttles from Austin if parking hasnt been previously procured
My understanding is that there will NOT be shuttle service for the MotoGP. Staying at Hilton in downtown Austin and had to end up renting a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading down on Thursday on the bike, staying in Lockhart, drinking lots of Texas beer, eating lots of BBQ and watching world class racing with some nice intrigue for yamaha involved. Wrist bands and parking passes are in hand. It going to be a good weekend! We're in lot J I think, you'll recognize my bike, say hello if you see me.

Great News!

First, cash parking for motorcycles is now available for $15 day of event on the west side of Turn 11. Second, one day Sunday passes are available for $59 at the track ticket counter. Third, weather looks FANTASTIC!

One question though, I wonder if you can ride up to the ticket counter area by the main gate, purchase your ticket, and then ride to the motorcycle parking area? If not, you better be ready for a mile walk to and from the ticket counter. That's not particularly bad unless you just got off a 300 mile ride getting there.