My 1st Farkle!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GalaxyBlue

Reaction score
I was out riding with some friends tonight and one of the has an '02 FZ1 and was complaining about how big his mirrors were. I looked at the and remembered a thread on the other board about someone swapping them out. Well, At 0300 we got it done. MAN, What a difference it make on the FJR!! I can actually see behind me and beside me with out even looking hard. The blind spot i had where a bike was to my right just behind me is now gone!

He is very happy with the swap also.

Bottom line... We are both happy and it didnt cost one red cent!

Adam

Hey GalaxyBlue,

I just got my 05 a week ago, and have been looking to do some farkles myself. I saw a webpage which had all the photos, before and after, and it did look damn good. It really makes that much difference, huh?

I put the Ebay FZ-1 mirrors on mine and am very pleased, except that the left side one doesn't stay folded in as well (for when I have to do some tight lane splitting). I highly recommend this farkle.

I thought about swapping the mirrors on my FZ1 & FJR but when I sit my big bod on the FZ1 I have already have trouble seeing around my own shoulders!

For some odd reason, when I ride the FZ1 I find myself constantly concerned about "who" might be following or at least trying to "catch up".!

I honestly have no complaints with the FJR mirrors but that's probably because I bought the FZ first!

:lol:

Don’t buy the crap mirrors someone is selling on Ebay. I did and in three months I have had to replace two with broken pivot joints. Very cheap is as cheap does design. Spend the extra cash and buy the real thing. You’ll spend less in the long run. ;)

As the saying goes, this thread is useless without pictures! ;)

I was actually thinking about this mod/farkle/change myself. Can someone post pictures so we can see the differnce between the FZ1 mirrors and the FJR stockers?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Drake-sit on your bike. Look at the mirrors. Now imagine they stick out farther. Done.

In the words of Jake Chambers (Dark Tower Series) "There are other worlds than these"

over on the FJR Site on micapeak is this article that is awesome on the double-exposure photo:

FZ1 Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Drake-sit on your bike. Look at the mirrors.  Now imagine they stick out farther.  Done.
Damn, you funny! :rolf: I would sit on my bike, but it's still in peices.

BlueHammer: thanks for the shots, the pictures tells all I needed to know!