My 50/60/70 Ride (4 corners) Help me plan stops and places to see!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leaving in the morning! Cool. I'll follow your progress as much as I can, Ralph. I just got the new Spot 3 and I've been figuring it and Spotwalla out as best I can so I can post a link here too. My bucket list ride looks like it starts on Sunday the 31st, so I'll be doing that this week. Been experimenting with packing options all weekend too. It's a little painful.

Hey, be safe, have fun. I'd have "liked" your trip of Facebook, but I can't make any sense out of freaking Facebook, period. Tried though.
rolleyes.gif

Here it is

https://bit.ly/1nugeuphttps://bit.ly/1nugeup
https://bit.ly/1nugeup

I'm going to try to get my daughter to copy the ride report and pics from FB over to this site early next week. Almost 2 weeks in so that will give her a chore.

In Gunnison, CO tonight watching the Duck / Michigan game. Great time so far.

May need some tires sooner than expected, there was a 10 mile section of road in Montana that had just been scarified for new asphalt and it was a coarse cut with really sharp grooves and I fear they took a shitload of miles from my new PR4 GT's. My next set is waiting for me at BugR's place near Ottawa and I fear that might be out of reach. Damn.

Had breakfast with Ralph and Sacramento Mike this morning in Spearfish. They left together headed East in front of the Storm.

From their Spots it looks like they are still together heading East on US 14.

Smart boys. US rte 14 is a good straight run.

But it is tough to outrun an eastbound storm (by heading east). Damn storms don't need sleep.

Good luck fellas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to get to Bar Harbor/Acadia National park in Maine, was there this summer, beautiful place
Yes, I've counseled both of the current continental travelers to do just that. I mean after all, it was voted the Best National Park in a USA Today Reader's Poll.

SacramentoMike is planning to go only as far as Upstate NY and then turning south. He is going to forgo all of the beauty of New England in the Autumn.
not_i.gif

bikerskier is planning on passing through New England, but has some hard dates in Montreal (wife flying in and then back out) isn't sure he will have time to make the trip over to Eastern Maine and Acadia. Would be a shame to miss seeing it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a recommendation Ralph. Head south on 35 in the morning and head east on 70 towards Spooner. Heading up towards Duluth to head over to the UP at the northern most WI is such a boring ride. Also bear in mind when you are riding in the UP, don't stray much over the speed limit. Them boys over there don't have much to do BUT write tickets.

Just my 2 cents.

Ralph, how's your French holding out?
It did not help me talk my way out of a fricken performance award in Dorian, PQ, where a local cop says I was going 70 kph in a 50 kph zone. When I asked where it had changed since I did not see a sign, he said, it was in the batch of signs a couple of blocks back. So I was going 42 mph in a 30 zone for about a block and a half. First ticket in 51 years of riding and I have been really careful this trip, to no avail. FOOK.