My FJR Made the Paper!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great trip that I'd like to try someday. You will go through my little berg. Stop and say Hi and I'll get a photo.
That sounds like an excellent idea. I'm going to turn and go north at Sedro Wooley, staying away from I-5.
Not knowing your route I had assumed you'd ferry from Port Townsend to Whidbey. From Hwy 20 you would go through Bay-View then on to Edison. that's where I am.

I had the same thought others have expressed of how interested I'd have been to get this from one of my junior high teachers. The only male junior high teachers I remember are the one who slugged the student in class and the one who told us a nuclear war "ending life as we know it" was inevitable and imminent. A-hole.
Anyway, good fun and good idea. So reviewing, as I understand it, you will ride your motorcycle around Washington’s boundary in August. You will use images and information gathered during your trip to teach your Washington state history class at Marcus Whitman in the fall.

That about it? :D
Yep. I'll post the latitude and longitude of a particular place, making comments about the history, physical landscape and cultural landscape--so my students can compare and contrast it to their own "place." Geography is all about comparing and contrasting one place to another, asking two basic questions: "Why is it here?" and "How did it get here?"

That is great maybe next year you can do the four corners of the USA and spend time with all of us in route. Have a safe trip. :yahoo:

Just seen this.. Very cool thing you're doin' Kyle!!

This is something you and all of your students will forever share! Gunny and Fuzzy Balls x 10000 to ya

:jester:

This is something you and all of your students will forever share! Gunny and Fuzzy Balls x 10000 to ya

The sky is falling. I just read a civil response from shit for brains. :rolleyes:

The sky is falling. I just read a civil response from shit for brains. :rolleyes:

Get it straight fishdik... It's Babyshit fer brains K?

:fuck:

Cant help but love what you are doing. Isn't often work and fun come together like this. The kids will love it!!! I know you are going to bring the bike and your gear in for show and tell............

Kyle,

This is a great project.

Your connection to Marcus Whitman Jr High should make the Walla Walla area of special interest to you and your students. Whitman Mission is a good stop. Whitman college is, well, here. If you are in WW overnight you MUST visit Jazzmusician at the Backstage bistro. He will make sure you have a warm welcome and a fine meal. I'll come down and we'll tip a brew with you. You are most welcome here.

Sounds like a great project for you and learning experience for the class. Good luck on the ride, enjoy the state and post up a ride report!

--G

Kyle,

Last time I checked school teachers riding an FJR doing something cool for their students ended up with free food and cool refreshing beverages.

If you do stop by Walla Walla, please look me up. I'm pretty sure the deal still applies.

Bob

Kyle,This is a great project.

Your connection to Marcus Whitman Jr High should make the Walla Walla area of special interest to you and your students. Whitman Mission is a good stop. Whitman college is, well, here. If you are in WW overnight you MUST visit Jazzmusician at the Backstage bistro. He will make sure you have a warm welcome and a fine meal. I'll come down and we'll tip a brew with you. You are most welcome here.

That is great maybe next year you can do the four corners of the USA and spend time with all of us in route. Have a safe trip. :yahoo:
There was a time when I'd say I was writing that great idea down in the "Ideas" section of my planner. Now, I'm putting it in my Droid. :dribble: Excellent idea! If my wife argues alot about it, I'll just take her to this post!

Last edited by a moderator:

You're on! Walla Walla is one of my scheduled stops.

Kyle,
Last time I checked school teachers riding an FJR doing something cool for their students ended up with free food and cool refreshing beverages.

If you do stop by Walla Walla, please look me up. I'm pretty sure the deal still applies.

Bob

A great ride, new friends to meet, free food and a cool one...Seriously, how great is this? :yahoo: