My last ride was last night

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe2Lmaker

Reaction score
Her bags are packed She's ready to go

Waiting there, behind the garage door

Saturday I have to say goodbye

As the dawn is breakin' in the early morn

Someone new will be blowin' her horn

Already, I'm regretting. That's no lie

So kick me and smile at me

I know you won't wait for me

Scold me 'cause I went and let her go

She's leaving across the Great Plains

I know she won't be back again

Oh I hate to see her go

(apologies to John Denver)

Last edited by a moderator:
Who bought your bike? It didn't stay on craigslist for long! Congrats on sale... look forward to seeing whats next.

Who bought your bike? It didn't stay on craigslist for long! Congrats on sale... look forward to seeing whats next.
I put it on craigslist last Saturday. I put it in CycleTrader the next day. I deliberately didn't list it here because I figured I would rather not sell it to someone I know.

Then, Monday morning I had a voicemail about the bike. I recognized the name right away, but I thought to myself "No. It can't be the same guy."

What are the odds? Put an add in CycleTrader and somebody I know finds it! Shit, the price just dropped from "fair" to "good deal".

Then, a few days after that the phones calls and emails start coming in from complete strangers who would love to have that bike. Damned poor timing!

The remorse didn't set in until after the deal was made.

Again, damn poor timing.

It was sorta like breaking up with someone. Ever since that bitch left me on the side of the road (twice!) in Duluth. I just couldn't forgive. That damn grounding issue was the last straw. It didn't matter that it was fixed and I would never be bitten again. It was just the last straw.

First, the instantaneous mpg display (which I never did fix), then the ECU, then the ignition switch, then the ground spider...

You were right when you said "But all that is fixed right?" I couldn't forgive until I kicked her to the curb. Now it's gonna cost me.

Dam,

You sold you feejer! That's gotta be tough. Well good luck with whatever you end up with. Drop in ocasionally to hound us a bit. ;)

Dave,

Well that's cool Joe. 2006 owners were kind of a beta testing version of the FJR... thanks to you guys my '08 is pretty much perfect :lol:

Well that's cool Joe. 2006 owners were kind of a beta testing version of the FJR... thanks to you guys my '08 is pretty much perfect :lol:

I concur.

Sorry to hear this, Joe. What's next? I have kind of a warm spot for a new CB1000 or Z1000. But that would mean going back to soft luggage. Not a big deal, since I kept all my stuff, but more of a hassle, nonetheless.

Keep us posted when the next chapter starts......

I have a 2004 ABS that I will make you a good deal on.
I appreciate the offer. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

My wife is telling me I have to get another GenII so she can use her Russell. :dntknw:

I want a Tiger 800XC and I don't have the cash for either. :fool: