My Ride Up North

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

03silverbullet

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to to take a ride up north this pass weekend.

My first stop was to see my old friend Joe Kerr. I first met Joe in 1990 when we all used to hang out at the Highland House in Highland Pk. Il. It has since been torn down. Joe has not owned a car in 30 years, instead he has a garage full of motorcycles and every summer he hooks up with Reg Pridmore and does track days all over the country.Thats the kind of retirement I want! Not bad for a 70 year old guy.

upnorth2011001.jpg

Had lunch at alices

upnorth2011002.jpg

I stayed at the Grand Hotel in Bolinas. It may not have been all that grand but it was the cheapest place around. The owner "vic" was a real nice guy and keeps the place clean. It has 2 rooms upstairs with 1 bathroom downstairs. I stayed 2 nights there and had a blast.

upnorth2011026.jpg

Saturday mourning I headed up north on HYW 1 and saw this. Sorry the picture is a little out of focus, but I didn't want to get to close.

resized.jpg

Heading north on HYW 1 when one beautiful picture leads to another

upnorth2011030.jpg

upnorth2011019.jpg

upnorth2011006.jpg

upnorth2011011.jpg

Skaggs Spring Rd.

upnorth2011022.jpg

Annopolis Rd- The Bridge was built in 1901

upnorth2011021.jpg

On the way back to Bolinas, I stopped at Tonys in Marshall. I got there late and he was closed but managed to hit him up for some clam chowder.

upnorth2011023.jpg

I worked out at the Stinson Beach Health Club.A guy named Larry ownes it and all you have to do is put $10 in the gar and you can work out all day. Its a really cool place. He has some equipment ouside as well as in seperated buildings in back were you have cross a creek to get to them.

upnorth2011031.jpg

upnorth2011032.jpg

I took a ride up Panarama View Rd by Stinson Beach.

upnorth2011027.jpg

At the top it was a little hazy but you could still see San Fransisco.

upnorth2011029.jpg

I almost forgot. In bolinas there is a bar/hotel called Smiley's and they get some kick ass bands there. Friday night they had a band called sage and these guys just plain fuckin rocked. They played ukulele's and were outstanding. Sorry, I didn't bring my camera.

Honeydust played Saturday and they were equally as good. https://www.myspace.com/honeydust

upnorth2011025.jpg

Saturday

I left Sunday afternoon for a safe and uneventful ride on the 5

Last edited by a moderator: