My son's 1st Motorcycle ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son's frist ride was on this bike.[img=[URL="https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/180618_10150089446374628_2753340_n.jpg?oh=7f0b7f6e6cd621fd658da28092c39b13&oe=591191DC%5D"]https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/180618_10150089446374628_2753340_n.jpg?oh=7f0b7f6e6cd621fd658da28092c39b13&oe=591191DC][/URL]

Great story, thanks for sharing.
When I was 8, my uncle taught me how to ride, on a bike that looked very similar to that. I think it was a Suzuki TR80. That thing was magical! Been in love ever since!

Looking at fireman's pics again -- the second one of the little guy climbing on the back -- a really great photo that says more than you realize
smile.png

I got a kick out of all the gear. Boots were looking brand new, not to mention the jacket and gloves. Looking like one happy little fella. Ha... Hard to find his little head inside that huge helmet. A day to remember for sure. Thanks for posting.

Gary

darksider #44

We have been collecting gear for a while and I promised his mom(my wife) that I would wait until he turned 7.

Now he wants to attempt an Iron Butt ride with me. I told him it will be 4-5 more years before we attempt that.

Now that would be a feat! You'd have to do some research to find out the age of the youngest IBA member but he just might be close. Go for it! Definitely something you'll both remember for the rest of your lives. Look into Tour of Honor and sign up. Great opportunity to go riding and learn some history. Give him stories to tell his friends, they'll all be jealous.

I have 2 daughters. The older one is 18 now and loves to ride, the younger one, 15 hates it.

The older one has done 2 Saddlesore rides with me. Not on the FJR though.

Back when my son was an infant, he had the car seat that would just snap into a base and then we had bases in each car. I was certain I could make an adapter plate for the car seat and the mount for my top box. My wife hated that I even joked about it. I was serious about making one, not serious about actually using it.

So far young Brady has no interest. He doesn't even like sitting on it. He'll happily wash it with me, but he grows very concerned when I put him on it.

Close as I can get for the time being.

vhAG2hUh.jpg