Mystery Screw Assistance Needed

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrZappo

Can we please go riding now ?
Reaction score
Yesterday I reassembled my entire bike from winter farkeling and was left with one screw.

Normally I remove each part and store all of the fasteners in a ziplock bag and label it so everything goes back together perfectly..

Well, today there was one left .... WTF ..

In any event, this came from the bag labeled (Logo panels) which are the side panels with the "FJR" on them ...

I have looked and looked and have no idea where this thing came from ...

Anyone have any ideas ???

FJRMysteryScrew.jpg

This looks like the screw that goes under the handle used to help lift the FJR onto the center stand on the LHS.

Hey !!!... That was it !!!
punk.gif

Guys I really appreciate it ... I was racking my brain trying to find that thing ...

That would have bothered me every mile, every day, every minute if I couldn't find it ... You have save me untold stress ..

Really appreciate it ...

Don't feel bad. I once spent an hour looking for a missing screw while reassembling a bike. Like you, I bag and label parts so as to avoid problems. Finally Annie came out to the shop and after listening to me grouse and whine she pointed to the bike and said, "Is that it?" I had already reinstalled the damn screw.

Just found the home for another one. Rearmost hole of the little triangular piece that is inside the lower front cowling near the upper edge. Recessed screw om a hole about 3/8' deep that I know I had put a screw in. I had, on the other side of the bike. Also found the home for two of those little plastic rivets that are so fun to deal with.

When I read the title of this thread, I thought to myself, "Well, let's get Zappo to lube up and don the blindfold." Imagine my disappointment. I'd REALLY appreciate a less misleading title next time, thank you very much.

But I'm glad you figured out where that last threaded fastener belongs.

This could inspire a new thread call, "Name This Part!". Members can post a picture of a part and then others see if they can guess what it is for.