NAFO's just around the corner!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

escapefjrtist

Searching for Dry Roads
Reaction score
Hey Y'all

At the spring Tech Meet folks expressed an interest in exploring route options to Castlegar. I know some are leaving early and taking the long way there...Niehart, Panman and Hudson are going further north on the scenic route. Sportsguy has indicated he's leaving a day early on Wednesday.

I plan to head up via North Cascades - Omak - Republic - cross at Danville - Castlegar, total miles approximately 375 door to door. I'll be 2-up this time and riding even slower than I normally do. :eek: ;) Figure 5 - 7 over pace with hourly or so short stops.

We'll leave the Arlington McD's at 0730 on Thursday the 21st. Figure a stop at Ross Lake overlook, lunch & fuel in Omak, short stop in Republic, top off fuel in Danville and then on to Castlegar. If the group is too big, we can divide up into two or more depending on preferences. Splitting up fast / slow generally works well!

For those of us that have ridden together we know what we expect, proper spacing, etc. We'll need a leader and sweep for each and no one gets left behind. If others want to meet up in Omak or Republic, great. We'll need to keep moving to get into Castlegar at a reasonable hour. Don't forget your passports.

Cheers ! :drinks:

--G

Hey George, i"m interested in joining you Thursday morning. I"ll probably be doing 2-up with my wife as well. Thanks for giving a shout out.

I plan to head up via North Cascades - Omak - Republic - cross at Danville - Castlegar, total miles approximately 375 door to door. I'll be 2-up this time and riding even slower than I normally do. :eek: ;) Figure 5 - 7 over pace with hourly or so short stops.

We'll leave the Arlington McD's at 0730 on Thursday the 21st. Figure a stop at Ross Lake overlook, lunch & fuel in Omak, short stop in Republic, top off fuel in Danville and then on to Castlegar. If the group is too big, we can divide up into two or more depending on preferences. Splitting up fast / slow generally works well!
I got lost at the Arlington McD's.............will it be OK if I meet you at the Fireside in Castlegar? :lol:

George us southerners don't know or care where any of those places are so we will see you in the bar in Castlegar......

R

For those of us that have ridden together we know what we expect, proper spacing, etc..........

Cheers ! :drinks:

--G
Con permiso Jorge, I think it is safe to say that you Specific Northwet Mooks are already "spaced out" as it is! Meeting Fairlaner, FJRay and Jorstin at Spokane, we Stanley Boys will see you in Castlegar, Canuckistan!

Last edited by a moderator:
We're heading out from Seattle on Sat the 16th, with the 1st night in Harrison Hot Springs, 2nd at Hat Creek Ranch. The only other plans at this point are Wed night at Halcyon Hot Springs, and Castlegar for the weekend. Mon, Tues are still up in the air. Anyone going that-a-way, drop me a PM.

Might try and hook up with you around Danville if thats ok.

Might try and hook up with you around Danville if thats ok.
George, you lucky bastard!
Yep... :yahoo:
No kidding Wheatie that escapefjrtist is definitely doing something right with the women, Mary Ellen and Miss Tyler call Jorge their "Master Plugger"! I am starting to think that "Pops" Niehart has taught his Grandson George every "nasty" trick that he has done with the Ladies over 70 years, I need for Dave B. to draw me some instructional diagrams at NAFO of his sure-fire can't-miss bedroom moves!

I most likly be riding w/ Hudson, Neihart and Panman.
Let me get this straight, Marcus! You'd rather be riding with Mopsy, Flopsy and Cottontail than hooking up with Barb? ahchiu, your Irish Daddy Don is going to have a long talk with you at NAFO!

Last edited by a moderator:
I most likely be riding w/ Hudson, Neihart and Panman.
Let me get this straight, Marcus! You'd rather be riding with Mopsy, Flopsy and Cottontail than hooking up with Barb? ahchiu, your Irish Daddy Don is going to have a long talk with you at NAFO!
Don, I said most likely, maybe we can hijack Barb on our way up!

Lyndel and I are leaving Wenatchee Thursday a.m., was going to talk with wingshot first. We may meet you in Omakistan. I know with "She who must be OBEYED" on back, the pace will be civil. :glare: