Need better border patrol

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as the hockey goes, we had to dilute the NHL by expanding with teams from Florida and SoCal, who immediately had to put on a Disney show to attract some fans (where do you think "Mighty Ducks" came from anyway?)..... who never knew what the puck was, so the TV networks invented the blue vapour trail so they could follow it on TV.... thankfully the blue streak died a natural death. One side benefit however was that most of those 'southern' teams have some awesome cheerleading squads, which is what guys like Papa Chuy look at when at the games sipping Canadian beer. No idea what happened or what the score was, but the eye candy keeps them entertained. However, some of that has migrated north.... the ice girls and cheerleaders they have now in Chicago are hawt!!

Go Wings!!

As far as the hockey goes, we had to dilute the NHL by expanding with teams from Florida and SoCal, who immediately had to put on a Disney show to attract some fans (where do you think "Mighty Ducks" came from anyway?)..... who never knew what the puck was, so the TV networks invented the blue vapour trail so they could follow it on TV.... thankfully the blue streak died a natural death. One side benefit however was that most of those 'southern' teams have some awesome cheerleading squads, which is what guys like Papa Chuy look at when at the games sipping Canadian beer. No idea what happened or what the score was, but the eye candy keeps them entertained. However, some of that has migrated north.... the ice girls and cheerleaders they have now in Chicago are hawt!!

Go Wings!!
So Ray, is this a bad time to point out to you Wayne Gretzky and his Family (American Wife Janet Jones) are my neighbors here in Arizona? Oh by the way, we've got Steve Nash too! Go Suns!

wayne-gretzky-janet-jones-trevor-pauline-ty.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If I showed up in the great white north in a Ducks jersey, I’d be in ICU at a minimum. Just sayin’.
Naw - Canadians are too mellow to give "American style" grief/beatings to people wearing opposing jerseys in our barns. Good natured ribbing is the worst that would happen.

If it makes you feel any better, when Toronto or Montreal play in Vancouver, the Leafs and Canadiens fans outnumber the Canuck fans. :)

motodave, this is my Goalie on Papa Chuy Viejo's hockey team! What do you think of those fine pucks?

salma-hayek.jpg
I don't care where Papa Chuy Viejo's team is in the standings! If the players look like this I'll support them!!! :yahoo: :D
RaYzrerman19 - Don't get me started on "the Mighty Ducks!" I was so glad when Disney left the seen so we could play hockey and not be an extension to Disneyland! I wanted a hockey team not a children’s marketing toy, which is what they were in the beginning. Now I just want a winning hockey team. ;) As far as the expansions, well that's how the money goes.... :blink:

We actually dominated the puck ...
Sure ya did.

Ya mighta dominated the urinals.
BTW, Old Michael - How many Stanley Cups do the Sharks have? Oh yeah, NONE!

Any team that has finished number 1 for the last three years and can't even make it to the Stanley Cup finals, God help them. :p

What was it two years ago when the number 8 Ducks beat the number 1 (San Jose) & 2 teams in the division only to get derailed by biased referees playing Detroit to go to the Cup finals. Burn the Red Wingers! :clapping:

What? you would rather be watching a mexican hockey team? now they would be worse then the ducks and I guess then you could cheer.....

funny post, looks like florida and arizona are overflowing w/ cannuks and California is the next winter nesting grounds.
motodave, this is my Goalie on Papa Chuy Viejo's hockey team! What do you think of those fine pucks?

salma-hayek.jpg
Oh sheese..... I'll take two puc's to go please!! Mighty fine puck's

I would be more than happy to export the Toronto Maple Leafs to California but I think you would rather have a hockey team.

As far as the "Snowbirds" driving in Florida, I would rather have them down there blocking up the roads than have them up here driving around in the snow.

The worst is Western New York drivers. You would think someone living in Buffalo would know a thing or two about driving in snow. Not a chance. When the first snowflake falls everyone slows to 5 mph and puts on their 4 way flashers. It is absolutely insane.
Yeah Right, as if we are going to listen to this Hoser! Guillermo, Feliz Nuevos Anos mi Amigo!

meanwhile-in-canadacopy.jpg

You guys are sooooooo funny... :lol:
https://www.canadianpicnic.com/Home.html How many Canadian Snowbirds do we have here in Phoenix each Winter? Enough that the first Saturday in February for the last sixty years thousands of them come out for this picnic! The Mounties even send down enough officers to man a display booth! Seth and I are going this year, were putting our costumes together to look like Canuckistanis!

They now only hold the picnic for just five hours, they used to hold the picnic for seven hours; but they figured out they can get just as drunk in five as seven, so why waste the other two hours!

shapeimage_1.png
ml.jpg
ar126521263626607.jpg

Seth and I are going this year, were putting our costumes together to look like Canuckistanis!
You will never get away with it. My fellow countrymen will discover you are a fraud when it drops below 75oF and you put on a parka because it is too cold for you pansies. :p

They now only hold the picnic for just five hours, they used to hold the picnic for seven hours; but they figured out they can get just as drunk in five as seven, so why waste the other two hours!
We use a metric clock up here in the Great White North. Our manly-man 5 hours are the same as your girly-man 7 hours. Also, I would point out that 2 hours of drinking time would never be considered a waste in the Great White North.

We in SoCal evidently have a sporting identity crises, we don't know who to cheer on.
Too bad, Simon. You should at least be able to cheer for the Ducks. It's the only L.A.-area sports team ever that you folks didn't hijack from someplace else, isn't it?

If you ever see tu Papa Chuy Viejo wearing one of these: Please Shoot Me!

ac2210_blk__21932_std.jpg
Will do.

On a completely unrelated note, I've sent you a gift. Watch for the UPS truck. Wear it to Munich. ;)

What? you would rather be watching a mexican hockey team? now they would be worse then the ducks and I guess then you could cheer.....

funny post, looks like florida and arizona are overflowing w/ cannuks and California is the next winter nesting grounds.

Good maybe they will push out all the 'Cans.

Rick