• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Needed Gen 2 Left Fork or intertube

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cibrd0wn

Reaction score
Dealer is saying the my left side fork is bound and they can not get the intertube out with out cutting it out. OEM intertube is $260 from the dealership, though i would ask here before i put any money out. Please let me know what you have.

Thank you.

DO NOT BUY THE CHINESE ONES ON EBAY!!!!!!!!

How preytell did this happen? Sounds to me like your dealer pulled a GixxerJasen. Yes, that's an official term for this and no it's not licensed.
biggrin.png

I ended up picking up a lower from ebay and ordering from my local dealer for a whole lot less than that. Interesting to note, the inner is the same for all years but when searching fiches different years yielded different prices...for the same part number. Do some shopping and you should be able to find it.

$172 here -> https://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/

May not be the cheapest. They are all ordering from the same Yamaha warehouse including your dealer and the tube may have to come from Japan meaning it'll take a while.

For reference, a long long read: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/154800-fork-maintenance-failure

Last edited by a moderator:
Likely the lower bushing is jammed into the middle bushing. Try hammering it back in with a big rubber hammer so not to damage the top end. That may get it unjammed and they can start all over. If that doesn't work, then make two V-blocks to clamp the inner tube in a vice near the top end (very top end is larger, just below that), then put in axle shaft and hammer on that with a wooden block. It would help to heat the outer where the upper bushing is, since it is an interference fit.

Zilla I think used a strap wrench to spin it out on Josh Mountain's bike. Depends on how jammed in there it is.