New Bike

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jankowski

Reaction score
Hello from sunny Florida, just bought a 2023 Fjr, love it so far, came off a 2007 Honda ST1300 for the last 7 years. Just got it broke in but am questioning the fuel injection adjustment at 600 miles in service manual, is this necessary at this mileage, I prefer to service what I can but what exactly does this fuel injection adjustment entail and does the dealer need to do it?…so far this bike “feels” lighter than the Honda and the engine is certainly smoother but I definitely am having fun with this new bike.

Attachments

• IMG_1550.png
    IMG_1550.png
    961.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3409.jpeg
    IMG_3409.jpeg
    4.9 MB · Views: 0
Isn't something I was aware of. But then again, I ride a lowly 2011 Gen II.
The only synchronization I have done is the throttle body sync. (not too difficult).
Ask your dealer what it involves and what it would cost. Personally, I would tend to get the dealer to do the first service (maybe except for oil/filter) - just to make sure someone knowledgeable with the bike gave it a good going over. Especially if you consider your dealer to be adept. I bought both the FJRs I have owned as lightly used bikes and neither has been to the dealer for anything in a total of 450,000 km - except once for fork seals when I had neither the time nor the parts available the week before a major trip. Even then, I dropped off the forks and picked them up the next day.

The 'fuel injection' synchronization is nothing but a TBS, or fuel injection Throttle Body Synchronization as alluded to above. Fairly easy to do, and IMHO, probably not even necessary yet. You will need some vacuum tubes, something like the Morgan Carbtune to complete this procedure yourself.

The 'fuel injection' synchronization is nothing but a TBS, or fuel injection Throttle Body Synchronization as alluded to above.
I wondered about that. Doesn't really have anything to do with "synchronizing" the fuel injectors themselves. Just balances the throttle bodies. I agree - very unlikely that there will be any significant change and yes, it is easy to do with a Morgan Carbtune or a home-made liquid (ATF) filled manometer.