• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

New Jaunt 2 Jacket, 3 Pairs of Pants, and Size 44 Boots

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HelzBelz

HipHopLitePopMetalist
Reaction score
Ok, guys I am selling anything I will never use again:

First, $140 shipped CONUS is a NEARLY Brand New LARGE FirstGear Jaunt 2 DayGlo Yellow.

Here is New Enough's ad for this product: https://www.motorcyclegear.com/street/jackets_and_vests/textile_jackets/first_gear/jaunt_t2_jacket_2013.html

I have worn this for ONE trip, total of 400 miles. It has seen rain. I don't like/need this jacket. Too many pockets and I've decided I don't like 3/4 length. I did stay dry, but jacket does get wet.

The jacket does have some very light dirt on the back of collar (where rain was dripping from my helmet, and on the wrists. It is very light, and I have not tried to clean it as I've only noticed it tonight.

Please read newenough's sizing notes on their page - these jackets APPARENTLY run large. I am almost always inbetween large and xlarge (44 chest 45 belly.)

This LARGE (regular, not tall size) fits me pretty darn good.ever so slightly big on me in the chest. Belly good, waist good.

my pics:

Also -$100, shipped CONUS. Nearly New , worn around the block once, size Extra Large - Short Joe Rocket Alter Ego 2.0 pants. These are Black/Gunmetal grey and are too big for me. Length is good waist is too big. My waist is 35-36, these are more like 37-40 (adjustable). My inseam is like 29-30, these are probably 30-31. These are fantastic pants, in NEW condition. They include the removable liner. (IMHO, it needs to be removed, it is heavier than my rain pants)
the bright white stripes in the pics do NOT appear in real life unless headlights or a camera flash are involved.
New Enough.com's great description: https://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/view_product_images/4144

My pics:

Also $100 shipped CONUS. EXCELLENT CONDITON First Gear Leather Pants. size 38 waistThey are considered KwikDry leather. These are first generation touring pants from a few years ago. The current iteration of these pants that I see for sale include some breathable stretcg material in certain spots. My pants do not have that. Mine have zippers from about 3 inches below the waist to about 5 inches from the bottom. There are buttons and hidden velcro from the bottom of the zipper to the bottom of the pants. These pants were sold as trimmable, and I did trim them to 29 inch inseam. (41.5 inches from waist to bottom of leg) These are great pants. they only contain knee pads that are pretty soft/flimsy. no other padding. These have been worn less than 300 miles, just weren't my "thing" and are too big on me. I am 35-36 waist now.

Also - $55 shipped CONUS, Joe Rocket Ballistic 5.0 Large/Short pants. Waist is probably 36 on these, but is tight on my belly. Length is 41 from waist to bottom, 30-31 inseam. These are slighltly sun faded, they are old and have been worn for about 2k miles. Side zipper from about 4 inches from top all the way to the bottom on outside of legs, and inseam zipper is about 8 inches on from bottom. These pants have a zipper for attaching to Joe Rocket Jackets but I do not have the mated other side any longer.
The thigh pockets on these are zippered, but the left thigh pocket zipper doesn't zip. I am sure this could be fixed with a little fooling around with it. Liner is not removable on this model of pants, so they are a little warm in hot weather. I always wear lightweight smartwool under EVERYTHING I wear while touring. Smartwool keeps me cool in hot weather and warm in cold weather. No exception on these pants.
again - the bright white stripes in the pics do NOT appear in real life unless headlights or a camera flash are involved.

And lastly:
Size 44 Alpinestars Ridge Waterproof boots - $60 shipped CONUS. These have approximately 1500 miles on them. Are in very good shape, not tears, very minor scuffing on nothing visible from more than 18 inches away (never been polished to hide anything) I wear 9.5 US, these fit great. These do not have zippers, just velcro around top of ankle and and a velcro strap as well. I did have alpine stars replace the velcro just before I stopped wearing them, because it wasn't holding very well any more. Holds well now. I wear boots with zippers now. I have worn these in rain - my feet were NEVER wet or cold. This is very comfortable walking boot too.
These are missing insoles, as I use custom orthotics insoles. These do not smell, just in case you were wondering.
Here is New Enough's add for the newer version of the same boot, mine look a little different, but not much. https://www.motorcyclegear.com/browse/view_product_images/4453

Last edited by a moderator:
Unable to edit my post.. but the alter ego pants are sold. Everything else is still open to offers.

Thought I would bump this thread up for HelzBelz.

I received the Alter Ego pants from him and they are in Brand New Condition, I couldn't find a mark on them. He also took the time from his vacation to ship them while in Canada to save me some 30 or 40 dollars in shipping costs.

Take a look at his other items. Based on my purchase his descriptions are accurate.

Thanks

Rick

I wish I could edit my posts.. how many posts do you need before you are allowed to edit??

So the AlterEgo pants have gone to a nice home, but everything else is still available.