New mileage record on a single tank of gas

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyway

Reaction score
Lately I've been riding my bike back and forth to my shop for various farkle duties that need attending to. Right now my bike is pretty deep into reserve, and the odometer is reading 301.4 miles on the main tank. I'm tempted to ride until it runs out, just to see what I can actually accumulate. I have been real easy on the throttle hand lately, but not so that I'm trying to get the most MPG.

Before this, the most I've seen is around 220 miles and much lower than that depending on the riding duties I have at hand.

This is an all time record for me, and with 50K miles on the odometer, I can only guess that my bike is in a good state of tune?

Fill it now, see how much it takes and subtract that from 6.6 and that will tell you how far you could have gone (theroectically) without running the injectors dry.

...I'm tempted to ride until it runs out, just to see what I can actually accumulate....
Perhaps not the best plan for a fuel injected motorcycle.
Good point and the advice is appreciated.

Fill it now, see how much it takes and subtract that from 6.6 and that will tell you how far you could have gone (theroectically) without running the injectors dry.
Will do today.

I had 295.4 this morning and it took 6.1 gallons to fill up. Riding consisted of mostly super slab within about 10 mph of the speed limit. I had 48 miles on the fuel trip meter...was getting a little nervous since it had been flashing for a long time and didn't want to run out.

I putted around today in Grand Teton Natl Park and Yellowstone Park. Temps mostly in the 45-85F range.

Got 54 MPG today, unbelievable!

Wonder if my usual 100 mph headwind has anything to do with my usual sucky gas mileage?

:)

Don't you just hate those head winds!

I've hit reserve a few times at around 265, isn't it amazing how much quicker it transitions side to side without all the weight up high. :rolleyes:

I putted around today in Grand Teton Natl Park and Yellowstone Park. Temps mostly in the 45-85F range.Got 54 MPG today, unbelievable!

Wonder if my usual 100 mph headwind has anything to do with my usual sucky gas mileage?

:)

Don't you just hate those head winds!

Sorry, don't think anybody is buying it. :rolleyes:

Lately I've been riding my bike back and forth to my shop for various farkle duties that need attending to. Right now my bike is pretty deep into reserve, and the odometer is reading 301.4 miles on the main tank....This is an all time record for me...
[SIZE=14pt]oh, no!!!![/SIZE]

we're working ian too hard on our farkles... he's losing weight and getting better fuel mileage...

eat ian, eat!!! :rofl:

Lately I've been riding my bike back and forth to my shop for various farkle duties that need attending to. Right now my bike is pretty deep into reserve, and the odometer is reading 301.4 miles on the main tank....This is an all time record for me...
[SIZE=14pt]oh, no!!!![/SIZE]

we're working ian too hard on our farkles... he's losing weight and getting better fuel mileage...

eat ian, eat!!! :rofl:
Guys got a question y does the odo read foward when the fuel light starts flashing ,My brothers st1300 reads from high to low it lets u know how far u can go ..just wordering..oh i get bot 300 miles on a tank also love it

Guys got a question y does the odo read foward when the fuel light starts flashing ,My brothers st1300 reads from high to low it lets u know how far u can go ..just wordering..oh i get bot 300 miles on a tank also love it
'Cos Yamaha don't want to be responsible if you rely on their count-down and run out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pulled the bike out of the shop yesterday evening to add another 10 miles, but once on the side stand the engine cut out. So I putted over to the local gas station and filled up.

I reached 301.6 miles and needed 6.11 gallons of fuel to refill. There was a little fuel still in there sloshing around, but I have a couple of left handers on the way home, so I figure it was time to fill er up. :D

Lately I've been riding my bike back and forth to my shop for various farkle duties that need attending to. Right now my bike is pretty deep into reserve, and the odometer is reading 301.4 miles on the main tank....

Oh, sure. But what you failed to tell everyone is that the route to your shop is all down hill.......both ways :blink:

I got 650 on a tank on my Venture once, and still had enough gas to do another 200...

Ok ok, the bike was in my truck :p

Thanks Ian, haven't pushed it past 250 yet, (reserve starts just over 200 on mine), but when I fill there is 1/2 gallon left inside.

Looks like Jeff is currently "cruisin Ashe" Enjoy!!