New Minivan Buying Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJR1300Jeff

Reaction score
Anyone know a dealership that is willing to sell either a 2011 Odyssey or Sienna at straight up invoice? I live in south florida and all the dealers I've visited want full retail.....talking about a new model, hard to get bla, bla, bla.

I'm willing to order it and wait few months to get the one I want.

I'm willing to pay a few bucks over invoice and willing to have it shipped to me or go get it, but I want to know I got a good deal and not ripped off.

Thanks, this website helped me a ton when I bought my FJR, I went to alabama and got a great deal and nice ride home.

Later,

Jeff

Jeff, Try going through Edmunds.com you can get several quotes and pick the one you like...no salesman to deal with. I got a great deal on our last new car(2006 Avalon)using this site. Good luck

Anyone know a dealership that is willing to sell either a 2011 Odyssey or Sienna at straight up invoice? I live in south florida and all the dealers I've visited want full retail.....talking about a new model, hard to get bla, bla, bla.

I'm willing to order it and wait few months to get the one I want.

I'm willing to pay a few bucks over invoice and willing to have it shipped to me or go get it, but I want to know I got a good deal and not ripped off.

Thanks, this website helped me a ton when I bought my FJR, I went to alabama and got a great deal and nice ride home.

Later,

Jeff
Jeff,

I can't help you on a good deal. I would however like to hear your opinions of whichever one you get. I've got a 2007 Odyssey that's well over 100k miles and am interested in how the current crop of these 2 vans is doing. One of these 2 models will wind up replacing my current one.

Good Luck!

I bought a 2010 Honda touring last year for $36k w/ 120 month HondaCare

They were the only dealer of 12 that I tried that was willing to order the color I wanted AND also had the best price.

Tonkin's Gresham Honda

24999 SE Stark St, Troutdale, OR 97060

www.tonkingreshamhonda.com

Toll Free 800.214.2076

Last edited by a moderator:
No way anyone should pay full MSRP for a new car; no matter where you live. Try your Credit Union or buy online from a dealer out of state. Most are very willing to deal. Don't pay more than a couple of percentage points over invoice.

I bought a car a few months ago and used the Edmunds site quite a bit. For starters, it gives you a reasonable idea of what's available for your particular make/model. You can also peruse user comments (which are probably higher than they ought to be considering most folks are pretty excited when they buy a new car).

I would suggest using Edmunds for the "get a quote" feature, and then be prepared to be patient. Despite the times, in my experience the dealers were still slow in following up. I also found that I was contacted by more than one salesman at the same dealership. The point is to let them work for your sale and don't expect the best price to land in your lap on the first day. You may also want to wait until the end of the month in case the dealership is struggling to make their numbers.

As for the minivan....don't buy a Chrysler. We have a 2002 Town & Country. I'd still argue that it's the best looking minivan on the road today, but man it's not very inspiring to drive. Everytime we make it back to the garage I say a prayer of thanks. I'm just waiting for the engine to sieze or the transmission to drop.

Oh, and despite losing your man berries, driving a minivan with little ones in tow is great! Easy to get in and out. Plenty of easily-accessed storage. Don't have to worry about the kids opening the doors and dinging the car next to us. Ability to open/close the sliding doors and back door at a touch of the button. They have some nice features.

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: