New toy Hauler part II!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RTSR1/FJR

Gort - Klaatu barada nikto!
Reaction score
Well since picking up the trailer a month ago, I've been busy in my spare time so I can use it this coming weekend. It's ready to haul bikes now! Not done, but ready to haul bikes!

Now you see 'em!

P4161314.jpg

Now you don't!

P4161319.jpg

Ck out these neat little anchors!

P4161318.jpg

I like how everything comes off or folds down so as not to trip over anything!

P4161321.jpg

P4161316.jpg

P4161317.jpg

All ready for next weekend!

Those wheel chocks are too cool!

If I decided to buy a trailer because I didn't know how to ride I would get those! :p :bleh: :p :p :bleh: :p

Seriously, those are cool.

Those wheel chocks are too cool!

If I decided to buy a trailer because I didn't know how to ride I would get those! :p :bleh: :p :p :bleh: :p

Seriously, those are cool.
lol Kinda hard to ride your track bike to the track or to ride 2 bikes at once. The wife won't ride on the R1 since we got the FJR, so the only way I can ride the R1 in the mountains is to take both. Ride in the mornings with the guys and then come back and pick up the women and the FJR. Best of both worlds! Doing a trackday this weekend, so it's going on it's maiden voyage!

Hey TwoWheel, had a Wells Cargo before this one. A 6 x 10. It was a good trailer, but sold it after I retired from racing. Always missed it. Not no more! lol

Anyone interested in those chocks or tie down anchors, shoot me a PM and I'll send you some links.

Hey TwoWheel, had a Wells Cargo before this one. A 6 x 10. It was a good trailer, but sold it after I retired from racing. Always missed it. Not no more! lol
Yeah, I bought it when the wife was doing her own riding. I though it would be safer for her to trailer to the destination then ride around. Well, we did that just once! The rest of the time, it was used by family and friends to move, haul lumber, make dump runs, deliver cabinets and just about anything else, but haul bikes.

I finally got fed up and sold the thing at a huge loss. :angry:

Those neat little anchors are remarkably similar to ones we use on the Space Station...

Here's our trailer we customized. It was bought as a car hauler and now it serves both purposes:

10024725-M.jpg

10024750-M.jpg

That was a great Smoky Mountain trip in Maggie Valley N.C.---cept the part where I dropped my bike :angry:

Is that aircraft hardware I see? Have you been pilfering from work....I am reporting you. :eek:

[They're made by MR . Where are you located at? I work on KSC.
I'm at JSC. They look like the seat track anchors that we use all the time on ISS. And yes, the idea was appropriated from the aircraft industry (that's the tracks inside airplanes that the seats attach to, ergo seat track anchors...

[They're made by MR . Where are you located at? I work on KSC.
I'm at JSC. They look like the seat track anchors that we use all the time on ISS. And yes, the idea was appropriated from the aircraft industry (that's the tracks inside airplanes that the seats attach to, ergo seat track anchors...
Those M&R anchors are trick little things for sure. They're rated at 4000# ea. Strong too! I get a lot of ideas from work! Then it's just a matter of duplicating it myself or finding a commercial manufacturer/distributor for them. No pilfering from work for me! My job's worth alot more than that! lol

donaldb - Now thats a trailer! Nice job on it! Had an open one before, but didn't like leaving the bike out in the open at night. That's what I missed about the Wells Cargo I had, so I bought this "Lark".

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since picking up the trailer a month ago, I've been busy in my spare time so I can use it this coming weekend. It's ready to haul bikes now! Not done, but ready to haul bikes!All ready for next weekend!
I assume that the trailer is for the Harley you are about to buy???????????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since picking up the trailer a month ago, I've been busy in my spare time so I can use it this coming weekend. It's ready to haul bikes now! Not done, but ready to haul bikes!All ready for next weekend!
I assume that the trailer is for the Harley you are about to buy???????????????????
Ahhh, NOT! Just cause it black doesnt mean I have or want a HD. I just like black trailers is all. I do trackdays and we're going to use it to camp in also when it's done. This way I can take both bikes (FJR & R1) when we go to the mountains! What kind of HD do you own? :D

Ahhh, NOT! Just cause it black doesnt mean I have or want a HD. I just like black trailers is all. I do trackdays and we're going to use it to camp in also when it's done. This way I can take both bikes (FJR & R1) when we go to the mountains! What kind of HD do you own? :D
Ah ha you use it to haul your R1 to track days OK then. I ride my FJR everywhere never trailer it. It is just too much fun to ride! I use a Stinger to get my Triumph S3 to track days.

Never had a Harley. I prefer to buy 3 other bikes for the price of one HD!

Anyway my Burgman 650 can keep up with most of the Screaming Eagle versions and mows all regular HDs. 99.9% of HDs are just too dam slow. Nice looking bikes but would never have one!