Numb Hands

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jetmaker737

Reaction score
I've noticed my throttle hand gets achy and numb on extended rides. I know a throttlemeister or cruise control will work good for highway miles, but most of my riding is in non-cruise control territory.

Has anyone got fixes that worked for them? Do the bar risers do any good?

Thanks!

The Heli risers I bought for my 05 last August did the trick for me. I also installed the foam slip ons, and that made life even better. I've also got a rubber throttle rocker on the grip that allows me to relax my right hand, but with the risers and the foam, it's not necessary. Others have also had good success with set of BMW Sport Grips.

It's easy to get rid of your wrist pain.

John

I added a Cramp Buster (just like a Throttle Rocker) for relieving some of the pressures.

Also changed over to Grand Touring Grips.

I like both of these additions. On top of these, I also have Motorcycle Larry risers on ym bike.

Have fun shopping!

6 degree MCL risers. I helped Larry develop these and they're just the ticket for me...
Dude! I think that would be perfect. I was riding for a couple of hours today and I was thinking "you know...if the bars were raised and then rotated forward, that would fix the problem.

I think the cause of the numbness is the bar angle causes me to put a lot of weight on half of the heel of my palm...the non-thumb half. It cuts off the blood circulation. If it was rotated a bit forward, I'd get an even weight distribution on my hand.

I took the advice posted on "another " Forum and disconnected the main throttle-body return spring.

Relatively easy job (just one tricky part) and big difference.

Throttle remains spring-loaded enough to gently return to the zero-throttle position but you don't have to fight it all the time.

Stef

Hi Stef,

I saw that in the audiovox installation thread. I thought it looked like something worth trying. So the throttle returns OK? No safety issues?

I did 'BOTH" Spring disconnect, and Audiovox.

The spring disconnect works great for short rides.

The Audiovox for long. The disconnect may help with the life of the Audiovox, as it doesnt have the extra pressure caused by the extra spring.

For $6.50 a crampbuster can't be beat.

It does as advertised: Busts the cramp. Hence the name! Get it? You see, with it the cramp is busted, and the geniuses who invented this thing came up with an awesome name to match: Crampbuster. Yeah, that's right, the cramp, is like, busted, like it can't, you know, hang around anymore. Kind of like a burgular who got caught, and has to go away now. Well, got busted, anyway. I digress...

-BD

It does as advertised: Busts the cramp. Hence the name! Get it? You see, with it the cramp is busted, and the geniuses who invented this thing came up with an awesome name to match: Crampbuster. Yeah, that's right, the cramp, is like, busted, like it can't, you know, hang around anymore. Kind of like a burgular who got caught, and has to go away now. Well, got busted, anyway. I digress...

But does it really bust the cramp? :huh:

6 degree MCL risers. I helped Larry develop these and they're just the ticket for me...
Hey 'Nut,

So how do these risers affect your cornering? Seems the low bars are well positioned for forward weight distribution which is good for cornering. Do you feel any compromise to that with the risers?

No difference. Actually, the 6 degree risers widen the spread between the grips - slightly. Wider bar = more leverage - in theory. 'Sides, I'm all about comfort these days. If a mod knocks off an MPH or two, ain't no big thang...

I guess Mighty Mouse wanted to break his own record. Holy crap! Damn near 6 year revival

I guess Mighty Mouse wanted to break his own record. Holy crap! Damn near 6 year revival
NecroThread.jpg