Oil Filters "Blue"

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitzer

Reaction score
Hey there. I used to get my oil filters form Pep Boys. They had a Pure One - PL14610 that was blue. Great for my '05.

Went there yesterday and they are not blue anymore. :angry:

Are there blue oil filters out there for our bikes? Whose make and who carries them in the Chicago area?

What filters are you guys getting?

-blitzer

just buy the shitty yellow one and paint it. at least it is still a quality filter which should be more important to you than the color.

Hey there. I used to get my oil filters form Pep Boys. They had a Pure One - PL14610 that was blue. Great for my '05.

Are there blue oil filters out there for our bikes? Whose make and who carries them in the Chicago area?

-blitzer
Do they still have blue paint? If you get Galaxy blue, that'll really be the shizz.

You might check again. I thought the same but realized I bought the purolator 14610 vice the "Pure One" purolator 14610. The Pure One is the blue one, the other is, well I'm somewhat color-blind so all I can say is that it isn't blue.

Last edited by a moderator:
the Purolator PureONE PL14610 use to be a nice blue ,,,now they are a cat shit yellow..

Haven't seen a blue one for probably a year or so....

Mobil 1 M1-110 is black ,, goes with my 08 ,,, and seems to work pretty good...

I still have 2 or 3 blue PureOne's that I picked up last year and a couple Mobil 1's

after that it's the paint can ,,, can't see a cat-shit yellow on my pretty black bike...

They are a good filter and were blue too which worked for me.

Black will have to do then. Mobil 1 should be a good filter. Anyone think otherwise?

Thanks for your input.

Last edited by a moderator:

-blitzer
You sound like a girl....

If you CBA guys would ride more, you'd worry a lot less about what color your oil filters were. :rolleyes:

For those that agree with Henry Ford's "you can have it in any color you want, as long as it's black." another choice is the Bosch 3323.

-blitzer
You sound like a girl....
Gettin a little catty aren't you?

+1 on the Bosch. Looks good on my 08 and black fits any color a whole lot better than BS yellow