OK Midwesterners--Who Rode Today

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TriggerT

Mr. Impatient
Reaction score
So who rode to work today in the cold? The bike read 30 degrees for most of the ride in this morning.

:yahoo:

I probably should include our fellow adverse weather riders from the East. I just get tired of hearing how cold it is in CA, when they have to ride in anything below 72.5 degrees.

TriggerT:

I ride every day that does not feature temperatures below 20 F. I also usually choose to take the car when it is raining or snowing. It has been cold yet dry every day this week in Omaha. So I have ridden to work every day. Lowest morning temperatures have been in the mid 20s with the highest morning temp of 51.

Dave

did

edit: although 8 miles of cold doesn't bother me, sometimes the darkness does give me pause...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure did. It was colder in Monee IL than Hebron IN. (30 f to 36 f respectively)

38 when I pulled out of the driveway. Should be 55 on the way home!!! Great riding weather. :yahoo:

lack of sleep(1 month old baby) and considering that my commute is only 2.5 miles it is hard to force my self to ride this days. :( I will be riding this weekend so.

Tim, aren't you days aways from sleepless nights as well? :)

lack of sleep(1 month old baby) and considering that my commute is only 2.5 miles it is hard to force my self to ride this days. :( I will be riding this weekend so.
Tim, aren't you days aways from sleepless nights as well? :)
Cougar, anyone who is going through the first few months of a new baby in the house is certainly given a reprieve from getting a rash of crap for not riding. ( At least in my book) Yes, my wife is due on the 25th, but I very highly doubt she will make it that long. We have a level 2 ultrasound this afternoon that should tell us more.

31° this AM for my 27 mi ride in.... Funny, I didn't see any other bikes out there and none in the parking lot. They must all be late risers... <_<

or wussies that enjoy paying $3+ per gallon... :huh:

So who rode to work today in the cold? The bike read 30 degrees for most of the ride in this morning. :yahoo:
Can't say I rode to work today as its my day off. :yahoo:

But I'm getting ready to ride up the north shore of Lake Superior and then up the best motorcylcing road in the area (HWY 1 to Ely).

It's a balmy 45 degrees.

Is Texas considered Midwest? I think it was in the 50's when i got on the bike this morning... should be in the 70's when I go home tonight... :yahoo:

Don't commute on the bike. But Trigger...didja ride bare-chested with an FJR painted on yer chest?

Now you would REALLY be a RIDER if you did THAT! :)