Oldest Daughter's Orchestra Concert

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!

My daughter took violin up in the 6th grade also, and played it for 3 years. She applied for the Harrison School of Arts for her high schooling. She didn't make it with violin, but did get in as a theater tech. This school has high academic standards, and I feel her experience with music helped her with that. She graduated with a 4.3 gpa, and is now enrolled at the University of South Florida.

Some of my fondest memories are when she would come out of her room, to play a song she just learned, and feel such an emotional burst enter my body. Tears would well up in my eyes. I miss those times.

Savor every moment 'Zilla.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all congrats on your daughter's accomplishment. Secondly good for you for enabling her to satisfy the desire to make music. It's something she can do for an entire lifetime. I still play (violin, coincidentally) in two area orchestras as well as numerous small group ensembles. If my parents were still alive I would thank them again for the opportunity to play....truly an experience of and for a lifetime...........ff