Our 2008 Trip out West

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZOOOMM

Reaction score
We will post up a full report perhaps this weekend but for now just a little tease.

Iris posing at Mt. St. Helen, WA

2700198986_67b6895b69_b.jpg

On our way up to Mt. Ranier, WA

2700225358_a460c869f3_b.jpg

OK last one for now. Crater Lake, OR

2691490774_1b974aa391_b.jpg

:yahoo:

We will post up a full report perhaps this weekend but for now just a little tease.
BTW, don't know what ind of camera you are using but if it's a DSLR, your White Balance is messed up (put it on Auto) or, if you are using a Point and Shoot, you need to switch to a different setting. That's why your pics are *way* too blue...

BTW, don't know what ind of camera you are using but if it's a DSLR, your White Balance is messed up (put it on Auto) or, if you are using a Point and Shoot, you need to switch to a different setting. That's why your pics are *way* too blue...
Sure...tell 'em now after a week long trip and 800 pictures :) Can't wait to see the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
We realized that "landscape" setting was not the way to go. As you said, it makes the pictures blue. The first two were on that landscape setting and the last picture (out of the three posted above) was on the "automatic" setting and those seemed to come out much better colorwise.

Sure...tell 'em now after a week long trip and 800 pictures :)
Well, they didn't tell me they were going so... :)

Good news is with a little effort and some software, the pictures can be "rescued" so it's not the end of the world.

The first two were on that landscape setting and the last picture (out of the three posted above) was on the "automatic" setting and those seemed to come out much better colorwise.
Yeah the last one came out great!

Hey Zooomm, I'm taking the same trip next week! Any spots you can think of that I don't want to miss? (besides St. Helens and Rainier of course). How was FR25, pretty rough?

Looks like a great ride...........I can't wait!

Hey Zooomm, I'm taking the same trip next week! Any spots you can think of that I don't want to miss? (besides St. Helens and Rainier of course). How was FR25, pretty rough?
Looks like a great ride...........I can't wait!
I'll speak for ZOOOMM (I was with him and I'm his wife .... so I'm allowed!)

That road was actually closed when we were there two weeks ago. It's a beautiful road from what we could see of it. We started to go up it but then discovered that it was closed. We turned around and went in from the other direction (the west side) which was quite a haul to get there, but well worth it. That was route 504...lots of fun, big sweepers and majestic views.

Lake Tahoe, Crater Lake, West Coast Route 1 and 101, Avenue of the Giants in CA.....all these I would recommend.

Oh, and Route 4 in CA (near NV border) also known as Ebbett's Pass.

Have fun!

Sounds like you guys had a great time.

Now you get to do some serious map updating.

Waiting for more pictures.

Did you ride the north end of CA Hwy 1 [21 miles] up to Hwy 101? One of my favorite peg dragging spots.

Sounds like you guys had a great time.
Now you get to do some serious map updating.

Waiting for more pictures.

Did you ride the north end of CA Hwy 1 [21 miles] up to Hwy 101? One of my favorite peg dragging spots.
Yes, we picked up Rt.1 on our way South at Leggett (on 101), right after the Avenue of the Giants. I think one of the most interesting things on Rt.1 was that there were cows on the highway (along with their droppings), I mean with the twists and turns (with cliffs down to the ocean shore) with no guard rails is no place for large slow moving objects dropping slippery waste. :rolleyes:

Yes, we had a great adventure. And yes a ride report coming soon with lots more pics.